Weight Gain Problems

jrctm

Reaction score
When I first applied a year and a half ago it took me a long time to hit the minimum weight requirement but I was the hit with the PMU, and lost motivation and the weight, however, it was later reversed and am now in TMU waiting to hit the minimum weight and have been trying for at least 4 months and am now fluctuating in the 62.35-63.5 kg region. was just looking for any advice on how to gain it any faster, thanks.

MORP

Reaction score
Eat more.

if you eat 3 meals a day, eat 4. Focus on getting as many carbs down you as possible, that what'll add mass.

Try and track you calories if possible using MyFitnessPal (its an app on your phone), aim for around 4000+, you should put on weight in no time. I added 5kg in about 2-3 months.

Pm me if you have any questions

Chelonian

Reaction score
...was just looking for any advice on how to gain it any faster, thanks.

As stated above, it's about calorie intake and calorie expenditure. It's not rocket engineering.
At your stated age of nineteen you can rest assured that as the years pass you will only have to look at a slice of cake to gain a kilogram. :)
Best of luck.

Snafu

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
My lad had the same problem and he did as they have said above. It took a little while to get used to the extra food but it defo did the trick for him. He also drank full fat milk between meals too! Good luck fella.

westy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
As stated above, it's about calorie intake and calorie expenditure. It's not rocket engineering.
At your stated age of nineteen you can rest assured that as the years pass you will only have to look at a slice of cake to gain a kilogram. :)
Best of luck.

But yet looking at a salad cart don’t have the opposite effect :(

BillyTheKid

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Another thing to look at to gain size quickly is German Volume Training, chose a compound lift such as back squats, find your 60% 1 Rep Max, then perform 10 reps, 1 minute rest, 10 sets. This drastically increases body size in short periods of time.

Another way to gain size in the gym is a lot of eccentric training (lowering of the weight). These eccentric movements are the movements which affect the size of your muscle fibers, so an example of this would be slowly lowering the bar to your chest counting to 5 then a pop back up to the starting position then lowering again over 5 seconds.

Also to note, without proper calorie consumption these methods will fall short and leave you exhausted.

jrctm

Reaction score
ok thanks, sound interesting will look into it more any suggestion on the caloric intake?

Morticia

Reaction score
Hi @jrctm, my son also struggled to achieve and maintain the minimum requirement of 65kgs. Genetics play a big part in this, he is 180cms tall and can eat for England and still not gain. He used protein shakes daily to help, but at the end of the day not everyone can gain weight so easily but it will come with age!
Good luck ;)

Fleet98

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yep my now RM had the same problem and followed the advice above. It took a while but he got there and even though difficult to understand how he actually, through RT. put on a further 1.5 stone! Not that he is porky now he 6ft 5 so looked well better so hang in there it can be done! Good luck

jrctm

Reaction score
thanks for the reassurance the only problem for me is i'm only just about 5'6 so gaining weight for me at a short height and young age i find difficult especially when i can loose the weight easier than gaining it!

Fleet98

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Keep positive, as I said to my RM you can and you will if you want it enough, just take it one day at a time. Take all the advice you can and plan your next steps and stick to them and that green lid will be in your reach before you know it.