Weight issu

MillwallAlex

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
As in quite young I don’t weigh that much. I’m between 65-70 KG I know this is only just above the weight limit.

And recommendations on what I should do to gain weight without letting my cardio fitness and body weight tests scores suffer?

Also any should I gain weight in your opinions?

kilofoxtrot

Reaction score
I’m in my early 20s and I struggle with the same issue. As long as you have a healthy BMI and you sustain your weight keeping it over the 65kg minimu, that’s the main thing.

Diet wise, I have a couple of smoothies a day, usually one for breakfast then one whilst I’m at work in the evenings. They’re a good source of nutrition as you can put lots of different things in them such as white beans which are a great source of protein.

I find it easier to get more food in eating lots of small dishes throughout the day but if you find it easier to get more in by eating large dishes then do that. I think that’s just down to preference.

Don’t smoke, drink too much caffeine and try not to eat chewing gum if you’re feeling bloated a lot or having to go to drop the kids off at the pool more often than the average bloke.

Chelonian

Reaction score
As in quite young I don’t weigh that much. I’m between 65-70 KG...

It's difficult for anyone to offer constructive dietary advice because there are so many variable factors. But the basic equation involves calories scoffed balanced against calories expended.

I heard recently that the average British Christmas dinner (with alcohol) exceeds 7,000 calories. :eek:
So that's got to be a good start for some. Enjoy it while you can. Maybe weigh yourself today and then again on 1 January 2018. You might be pleasantly surprised.

MillwallAlex

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It's difficult for anyone to offer constructive dietary advice because there are so many variable factors. But the basic equation involves calories scoffed balanced against calories expended.

I heard recently that the average British Christmas dinner (with alcohol) exceeds 7,000 calories. :eek:
So that's got to be a good start for some. Enjoy it while you can. Maybe weigh yourself today and then again on 1 January 2018. You might be pleasantly surprised.

I’m in my early 20s and I struggle with the same issue. As long as you have a healthy BMI and you sustain your weight keeping it over the 65kg minimu, that’s the main thing.

Diet wise, I have a couple of smoothies a day, usually one for breakfast then one whilst I’m at work in the evenings. They’re a good source of nutrition as you can put lots of different things in them such as white beans which are a great source of protein.

I find it easier to get more food in eating lots of small dishes throughout the day but if you find it easier to get more in by eating large dishes then do that. I think that’s just down to preference.

Don’t smoke, drink too much caffeine and try not to eat chewing gum if you’re feeling bloated a lot or having to go to drop the kids off at the pool more often than the average bloke.

So do you reckon I should focus on eating a balanced diet or just consuming more calories but obviosly trying to make some of it healthy but focusing on getting calories in?
Also how many calories per day do you recconmed I intake? Is 3000 enough if I’m only doing a half hour cardio session in that day?

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
As in quite young I don’t weigh that much. I’m between 65-70 KG I know this is only just above the weight limit.

And recommendations on what I should do to gain weight without letting my cardio fitness and body weight tests scores suffer?

Also any should I gain weight in your opinions?

Your age has a lot to do with it.

Sein as your only 17 and still growing makes sense why you will struggle to put it on quickly.
I don’t know what advice there is to help put it on as it’s one of those things you need to hope takes it’s course.
I was like 10 stone wet when I was 18 I’m 28 now and 14 stone odd , Because my metabolism is nowhere near as good as what yours is or what it used to be if I eat bread/milk and junk food like takeaways , sweets eg I can easily put on 7/8 lbs in a week!.

I wouldn’t advise eating lots of junk to get your weight up as that will effect your performance in the long run.
Sein as your above the limit just keep doing what your doing as you will no doubt in time put weight on as you get older.

MillwallAlex

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Your age has a lot to do with it.

Sein as your only 17 and still growing makes sense why you will struggle to put it on quickly.
I don’t know what advice there is to help put it on as it’s one of those things you need to hope takes it’s course.
I was like 10 stone wet when I was 18 I’m 28 now and 14 stone odd , Because my metabolism is nowhere near as good as what yours is or what it used to be if I eat bread/milk and junk food like takeaways , sweets eg I can easily put on 7/8 lbs in a week!.

I wouldn’t advise eating lots of junk to get your weight up as that will effect your performance in the long run.
Sein as your above the limit just keep doing what your doing as you will no doubt in time put weight on as you get older.
Yeah I know I’m still growing and all that but I weighed myself today at the gym and I’m dead on 65KG. So I’m getting a bit worried now

I’m *text deleted* try to get at least 3000kcal in per day maybe even 3500. I’m *text deleted* try and make it healthy calories so that it doesn’t affect my cardio fitness.

New Threads