Weight Limit

greenlid

Reaction score
Lads,

Does anyone know what the minimum weight limit is for the medical. Little bit on the lanky side so I thought I'd cheek.

Cheers :D

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It depends on your height, but I don't think anyone on the site is medically trained so may not be able to give you a positive answer.

What height and weight are you?

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
jesus that is light for that height isnt it!? i know the lightest you can possibly be is 60kg it said (in the 'Application Form Information and Guidance Booklet') but not sure what height that would be for..

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
u just have to weigh over 62 kg i beleive

yeah thats the min but in the medical they do your BMI (body mass index) weight divided by height, so for someone whos say 150cm tall and someone whos 190cm tall for instance they both weigh 62kg the BMI will be completely different and i believe you can fail on that if it was too high/too low (if not why check it)

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Your all wrong:P The minimum is 60KG. I am an inch under 6ft and weigh 61kg chew on that for light *text deleted* I tell u i can blitz the pull ups.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Sorry to be pedantic, but it used to be 60Kg minumum weight, now it's at the Medical Officers discretion, it's based on BMI, rather than minimum weight.

greenlid

Reaction score
Cheers for the replies.

Just because when I applied a couple of years ago I failed the medical because I was underweight.

Roddie

Reaction score
I had my medical today. Inch under 6 foot, 10.5 stone - 65kg.
Pass. They didn't do a BMI though?

edd91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
They did my BMI, passed everything did everything for her to then say at the end, you have failed because you have got a few spots on my back and face i could of stabbed her why not tell me at the begining, better no have to do it all again (touch wood).

edd91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well trust me it did :evil: pissed me off for a few weeks but meh i got over it.

Nicholas

Reaction score
*text deleted* im 191cms (6ft 3) and 90kg (198lbs or 14.2stone)

Hmm might just fail the BMI *text deleted*, makes me obese despite the fact I can do most of the tasks under their time limits without little training yet.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
When you have your medical your height & weight are measured, the Medical Officer then looks on the BMI chart to confirm you fall into the "Green Zone", there's no "calculation of BMI" as such, as the chart simply measures height on one axis against weight on the other, where your two figures meet meet will fall into a red, yellow & green zone. BMI figures are of little consequence as long as you are "in the green".

If you wish to calculate your (LINK) BMI Click here

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
So what would 18.71 fall under?. I mean i already passed a medical will i have to pass a BMI aswell. Thats just un moraly correct

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
If you are deemed overweight/underweight at your medical you will not be passed fit & will be given your "Target Weight" by the Medical Officer.

If you were passed fit, then you are withing the required target weight zone.