weight loss

andy5sm

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i have a problem with body weight, i can go up and down a stone a week like a yo yo, before i started training to rejoin i wen to 17 and a half stone of which i lost 1.5st in two weeks, i am 5ft11 and about 15st 5pds, when i first joined the marines i failed my first medical and had to loose 12 pounds which i did in a week but as soon as i strted rt i put it back on, im aiming for my medical in 7 weeks and need to get to a required weight maybe 14st, has anyone got any advise,
altough my weight alot of it is muscle which i dont need
what do i need and not?
phys is ok but needs improving
6 miles=50min
3miles=23min
1.5= i hate running on a tradmill still to try
press ups max=54
sit up max=72
pull up=4

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
when your hungry eat fruit, when your bored go running and push yourself, remember to have rest days and cut out all the fatty foods in your current diet

Trademark

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
the only things i can think of are try do more running and/or do less or keep the same regieme of upper body strength training, because the muscle mass is heavier than fats and goin on like a health food diet ( no chips eat potatoes, no sweets etc) go see *text deleted* doctor theyll have the best advice (just ignore wat is said and see *text deleted* gp *text deleted*)

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I've posted a thread (called My diet). I designed it to lose some weight, u cud hav a look at it, might need to tweak it slightly to suit u

D

Deleted

YOu might just not *text deleted**text deleted* very often *text deleted*.

I'm only joking, just get your diet tip-top and cut out a lot of the "unhealthy" stuff (very fatty foods), and train more.

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Get yourself a sweat suit and sit in the sauna for 2 hours and you will lose like 60 pounds (Maybe not 60 pounds but alot :laugh:) just sitting there doing *text deleted* all but theres a chance you can die!.. Its mad because your just lose water out of your body!....

Sam

Trademark

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
donate blood just before u get weighed so u weigh like 2 pounds less *text deleted*

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
What's your diet like? If not clean, cut out refined carb crap, keep fruit to a minimum. Eat complex carbs, vegetables & lean meat. No junk crap obviously.

Cardio 4/5 times a week and optionally take a metabolism speeding supplement.

miniwogger

Reaction score
I'm in similar situation pal, I know I've got to lose weight for my medical, n alot of its muscle. best thing I've found is instead of weight training just go for a long run.