Weight!

South

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Alright guys...I lose and gain weight VERY easily... i used to pump iron a lot but almost no running and was about 11 stone.... but then i lost nearly a stone due to just running all the time when i was allowed by my rents to go for RM.

But now i am eating 2-3 chicken breasts a day along with my usual diet :*text deleted*: so im steadily creeping back up to 11 stone :*text deleted*:

anyone else lost weight (muscle mass) when they started running more?

J

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
South - on the run upto PRMC cause of the training i was doing i lost 1st in weight due to the CV workouts & running, and roughly 12wks on im at 12.5st :D

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well i weighed 14.5 stone and did loadsa CV work went down to twelve then did some weights etc and went to 13 *text deleted* so im all over the place. i way myself in the mornign though nd i weigh 12.5 :*text deleted*:

Olliemills

Reaction score
I used to weigh 11.6 stone then i started loads of weights and eating plenty and became 13 and a half now after 2 months of half marathons twice weekly i still weigh 13 stone and i hardly lift weights, just pressups and pullups.

Skanza

Reaction score
I way 9.4 stone, and need to gain more weight. Finding it hard though.
Any decent tips on gaining weight? I eat like a normal person, but Just been naturally slim. I train weights about twice a week if not three times. Do pushups almost everyday. And do rugby twice a week which includes core muscle fitness (press ups, sit ups etc).

Any advice is appreciated.

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
eat untill you are full, then eat some more :) stretches your stomach and then your body will start to fill out :) thats what i did im 11.6 stone now. also try to eat more fatty foods if you want to gain fat weight but muscle the only way to do that is PROTEIN and weights ALOT :)

I think anyways, correct me if im wrong people :)

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
blocky said:
also try to eat more fatty foods if you want to gain fat weight but muscle the only way to do that is PROTEIN and weights ALOT

Mate if you're looking to put on weight you need to increase your carb intake not eat fatty food's, thats just *text deleted* give you excess unwanted fat :wink:
Muscle weighs twice as much as fat ... so a well structed diet based around your goals inclusive of a decent protein intake will do the trick to bump up your body weight!

Hope that helps.

Zefan

Reaction score
Shiloh79 said:
Mate if you're looking to put on weight you need to increase your carb intake

Although I agree with what you're saying, this isn't really a good idea. Generally carbs contain stacks of calories and don't fill you up as much. Unless you increase your exercise regime proportionally then the carbs are just going to pile on as fat.

For adding lean muscle simply do lots of resistance training, and eat a lot of protein.

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Zefan said:
Shiloh79 said:
Mate if you're looking to put on weight you need to increase your carb intake

Although I agree with what you're saying, this isn't really a good idea. Generally carbs contain stacks of calories and don't fill you up as much. Unless you increase your exercise regime proportionally then the carbs are just going to pile on as fat.

For adding lean muscle simply do lots of resistance training, and eat a lot of protein.

Yes very true Zefan, i agree with your comments :wink: though as we're all in training for the RM's it stands to reason that our training is progressive, would it not?
If you compare what i said to the stament made by blocky (which is what my response is based upon) then increaseing your carb intake would be a more sensible route than simply eating high content fatty foods which are harder for your body to brake down than carbs! :D

South

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Relieving to see its not just me then!

So basically?:

Increase intake of protien to help build/repair muscles.

Increase intake of calories acordingly, so you burn less than you take in.

Cheers guys.

Zefan

Reaction score
If you compare what i said to the stament made by blocky (which is what my response is based upon) then increaseing your carb intake would be a more sensible route than simply eating high content fatty foods which are harder for your body to brake down than carbs! :D

True, I sort of ditched the context when I read your post :p