Weighted vest?

Nod1201

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Pjft is Tuesday- following this I'm starting arny'a training plan just wondering which weighted vest to buy as some are not the best quality?

posh_punter

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
A lot of them make you look like a suicide bomber too, so be careful about running through a built up area wearing it.

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
A lot of them make you look like a suicide bomber too, so be careful about running through a built up area wearing it.

I *text deleted* agree with that I used to wear mine everyday through the back roads and constantly came across people walking there dogs and the look I got and people walking to other side of the path was beyond!

I had to start wearing a body warmer over it to hide it but it still didn't hide the massive bulge in my back so I gave up in the end wearing it *text deleted*

corvus

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I got this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gallant-Weighted-Running-Fitness-Crossfit/dp/B00IA4W8QC

Make sure you select the 10kg one as they also do 5 and 20 kg versions.
Held up for several weeks worth of use so far, as they go it's comfortable, and seems secure enough. Another one I used to use leaked sand everywhere and I've had no problems with this one yet. Plus it's about half the price of all the fancy branded ones.

I bought mine through eBay and selected to collect it at my nearest argos. Was ready next day.

Nod1201

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I got this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gallant-Weighted-Running-Fitness-Crossfit/dp/B00IA4W8QC

Make sure you select the 10kg one as they also do 5 and 20 kg versions.
Held up for several weeks worth of use so far, as they go it's comfortable, and seems secure enough. Another one I used to use leaked sand everywhere and I've had no problems with this one yet. Plus it's about half the price of all the fancy branded ones.

I bought mine through eBay and selected to collect it at my nearest argos. Was ready next day.

Is the 10kg one a tight fit? I bought the 20kg one and was absolutely massive basically a dress

corvus

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
As Doyl says you can adjust it. There are two straps (chest/waist) with buckles. Loads of range.

Nod1201

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
As Doyl says you can adjust it. There are two straps (chest/waist) with buckles. Loads of range.

Just wondering how tall are you I'm 5"10 the length was very long on my 20kg one just wondering if it's the same I'll give it a look on Amazon in a second

corvus

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
5'9" it does rub a bit on the front of the hips when doing situps however I don't think you could escape that no matter what model you use.

stumpylegs

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I know it's pricey but the bulldog weight vest that you can take weights out of I've used for months and it's quality, will last a lifetime and because I'm short and it's short I can do the sit ups without any trouble. It's 20kg but you can take the weights out. I'm wearing it in my picture

p04

Reaction score
you dont need to do weighted anything, just get fit in your own body weight and that is enough. if you are worried about not being strong enough for the carry's then eat a bit more. personally i'v been doing yoke runs. but hey, whatever keeps you keen and interested i guess

Nod1201

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ive
I know it's pricey but the bulldog weight vest that you can take weights out of I've used for months and it's quality, will last a lifetime and because I'm short and it's short I can do the sit ups without any trouble. It's 20kg but you can take the weights out. I'm wearing it in my picture

Bought a wersport vest looks steady and can remove the weights just went for the 10kg version

Vacate

Reaction score
You can buy a vest all you want, but at the end of the day in training you ain't going to be wearing one on you, the weight is in a bag on your back.

Chelonian

Reaction score
...I used to wear mine everyday through the back roads and constantly came across people walking there dogs and the look I got and people walking to other side of the path was beyond!

You probably didn't cause as much public alarm as the lad on this forum who related the training benefit of running circuits of his local park while wearing a government surplus military respirator. :eek:

arny01

Ex Pongo.
Reaction score
20kg is too heavy. 10kg is ideal for circuits, and press-up stuff. Always go to the bleep.