Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Weird Medical - TMU'd Due to Dr Not Having Prior Service Notes To Compare

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Decapitari_G, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Decapitari_G

Decapitari_G New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Hi everyone,

Just wanted to know if anyone else has been TMU'd because the Capita Dr didn't have their prior service notes? This is definitely something I guess should be asked to re-joiners like myself.

I was told that the Dr should have had them as my AFCO should've got them from Portsmouth, however, she didn't and even though I passed the hearing test, eye test, flexibility, and all that she couldn't pass me as she wanted my notes to compare against as I was in Hunter.

Does anyone know time frames or any advice for this particular issue?

thanks

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Sounds odd. If your former service was fairly recent and held on computer the Service Entry Medical Cell (SEMC) should be able to bring it up online without the need for the AFCO to retieve the paper record- assuming your prior service was declared when first applying to re-join.

Possibly @CHUB! or @The guide can clarify.

3. Decapitari_G

Decapitari_G New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    @Ninja_Stoker thank you very much for your reply. I was over at Lympstone in 2015 so quite some time ago. I have given my military number to my AFCO and filled in all the required documents. Had a mate of mine wait 9 months for his documents but due to my age.. being very close to the cut-off point, it is making me quite worried. I have contacted the AFCO and Capita with no one being able to give me time frames, unfortunately..

4. PPLLOOFF

PPLLOOFF New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    With most things Capita, in my experience, it's much more efficient to do all the heavy lifting yourself and send it to them recorded delivery/hand it to AFCO if you don't want to pay. Their admin is *text deleted* and the doctors only care about the easy money so anything that isn't 100% will raise questions; and certainly do not expect the doctors to do anything other than examine you and tick/untick boxes. Good luck.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  5. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Quite rightly Capita gets a kicking for numerous shortcomings but the medical personnel who make decisions can only do so on the basis of the clinical evidence. They don’t get paid any more or any less for either passing someone or labelling them TMU or PMU.

Additionally, the main function of GPs is to provide primary health care to the community rather than expediting other people’s career ambitions. Delays caused by GPs not speedily forwarding medical records are commonplace. It is therefore sensible to deploy charm and politeness towards the admin staff at one’s GP. It shouldn’t make a difference but doing so often does.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 2
  6. The guide

The guide Royal Marines Commando

@Ninja_Stoker , Thats spot on if anything less than 8 years when the current system was 100% rolled out all records should be on the system . indeed any old records where fully scanned into the system before archiving took place and should only take 1 week to get out of archive if needed. SEMC should (do) have oversight on the DMICP records / system ,

Service doc,s that are requested go via SEMC / CNR via the AFCO from INM and not the AFCO Dr...So yeah this is an odd decision ??

7. CHUB!

CHUB! Careers Adviser

@Decapitari_G give your AFCO a ring and explain. If there is an issue beyond this PM me and I will sort it. :)

8. Decapitari_G

Decapitari_G New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    @CHUB! @The guide
    Hi and thank you for this and the swift response, much appreciated. I have tried to contact my AFCO and they said that once they receive it they will pass it on but haven't given me time frames. Equally, I believe CTC is closed for Summer leave too. I have also gone through the freedom of information act to request for my documents. There is a form to fill out and I have sent it to the two Navy mailboxes/offices that the form said I need to contact.
    I will try and call my AFCO on a weekly basis to get updates and hopefully through sheer persistence and annoyance, they will speed up this process.
    I have had difficulties with my application so far as my GP didn't want to sign the medical documents originally due to the wording in the template paper document that Capita sent. So, I had to go around this through the help of my AFCO.

Thanks for your help very much appreciated.

9. CHUB!

CHUB! Careers Adviser

PM me please with your name DOB and AFCO.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

CTC being on leave should not affect rejoining the Corps entry pipeline, nor can I think why you need to submit an FOI for your former service records.

So far as I'm aware they will be accessible online and the service medical records will usually have been checked by SEMC before 'approval to process' was granted and the application moved forward to the medical stage.

Unless SEMC specifically requested the AFCO Medical Examiner to check your recovery from something in your former service medical record... and
    did not forward the relevant details with the approval letter, then I'm at a loss as to what the hold-up is.

Still sounds odd, at best.

My advice @Decapitari_G? Message @CHUB! for some confidential advice.

11. Decapitari_G

Decapitari_G New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    @Ninja_Stoker
    Thank you very much for this. I have messaged @CHUB! for some confidential advice and will need to update him on Monday to check this.
    Thanks again,
    G

• Like Like x 1
  12. epicurean

epicurean New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    @Decapitari_G I feel your Capita pain.

Completely unrelated but I noticed the part regarding CTC being on summer leave and wondered if this could be the reason why it is taking so long to be given a date for PRMC? @Ninja_Stoker are you able to shed any light or am I just being impatient

13. JWJ

JWJ Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    PRMC bookings are confirmed by CTC. Can’t confirm your booking if they’re on leave

14. epicurean

epicurean New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Brilliant, looks like I’ll be waiting another month at least before I get a date then. Cheers Capita

15. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

From post #10 above:

I'll go out on a limb and suggest that PRMC places are bookable by AFCOs via the MOD intranet rather than manually by someone at CTCRM.

16. JWJ

JWJ Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Nothing to do with Capita here.

From what I understand, AFCOs book or bid their candidate onto a place, which is then confirmed by CTC

17. epicurean

epicurean New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Going to give them a call later today, starting to do my mrs head in keep going on about it ha ha

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

I understand that some PRMCs are more popular than others. For example, the last few before Summer Leave and then the first few after it.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  19. epicurean

epicurean New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    All the waiting is driving me mad, just trying to look at it as a positive. The longer it takes to load me onto a prmc the fitter I’ll be when I start I guess