Welcome Home Petition

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Seen a few people on another site backing a petition for a welcome home parade for troops returning from the front line.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/welcomehome/

Just wondering what everyone else thinks about it. All the soldiers I saw last week (Grenadier Guards) interviewed by the TV news channels told them to bugger off and that they didn't want one.

one of them made the point "how can we celebrate when some guys have just taken over the same jobs, same positions from us and facing the same dangers. Welcome home parades, used to be linked to an end to hostilities in the past. This is no longer the case as the wars we fight are on going for many years to come"

The wife's and girlfriends also said sod off, "we've been without them for 6 months, they should spend time with us not getting ready for a parade"

One soldier said "it would be a little embarrassing as I was just doing my job"

Didn't hear one soldier said they wanted it,

Just seeing what you guys think

Oz21

Reaction score
Yeah I don't think they would want one either, After the Falklands war the armed forces had a welcome home from the UK but that was the end of a war! This is just an end of a tour, the war is far from over.

One thing I don't agree with is the lack of respect our armed forces get from the British public, Whether they agree with the war or not they should support our troops, at the end of the day they did'nt ask to go into that war, but they did join to protect this country!

Anyone else have any thoughts about this?