WERE IN THE FINAL

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
FOOOOOOK YEAS. I can now enjoy my holiday without sorrow, i will be watching the final in gran caneria. GET IN.

ICTTech

Reaction score
yeah you bunch of lucky bastards , not like your playing well this year !

so can the smugness !

Come on South Africa or the Argies :)

ICTTech

Reaction score
i would support the english , but your level of arrogance that your gods gift to rugby and that even though you have been playing bad as soon as you get one win its the arrogance comes out and its puts me off wanting to support you!

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Dont be too hasty mate you still may suffer some final holiday blues... :-P

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
god whats your *text deleted*in problem Cer, i dont think there is one person in england that is caring about been arogent

ICTTech

Reaction score
yeah the rest of us don't need it rubbed in our faces

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah thats *text deleted* Scotlands brilliant *text deleted*........................... nah only messin what annoys me is it could have been a Scotland England match next. Im no sport follower but i did watch the Scotland v Argentina. I have to admit if this is how Scotland play across all the sports then we need to stop wasting money on sport and invest it in schools or summit *text deleted*.

The amount of mistakes we made was inexcusable we're supposed to be a proffesional team yet we commited fouls and couldnt even catch the ball when it was passed amoungst ourselves. I guess we have the passion we just need to practice our technical abilities. The all blacks said we gave them one of the hardest games they've had in awhile yet they beat us 40-0. I think I'll leave the sport to the experts *text deleted*.

Good luck France good luck England im sitting on the fence *text deleted*.

P.S To you sports fans out there what do you think Scotlands problem is? Mind you we seem to be doing well in the euro 2008 qualifiers.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
gees, I turned the England game off at half time to watch the scots against the Ukraine, was very happy to see them win. Not sure where all the anger comes from, if being honest. But it certainly seems to be more Scottish who think the English are against them in some way.

Most people down here would want any of the home nations to win if we weren't playing against them, all you have to do is watch the English cheer on Murray at Wimbledon every year.

What a win though, if they pull this off it will be up there with the greatest triumphs since Scotland fluked a goal against a poor goal keeper from 30 yards to win against a below par French team last month. :*text deleted*: :*text deleted*:

GW

Oz21

Reaction score
I live in England and I am very proud to be English! However i will follow all of the home nations, as far as im concerned we are all British and we fight as one!

I follow rugby and i think the problem with Scotland is that they don't have enough "strength in depth" If you look at any successful teams they always have players who can come on and change a game! a good instance is Michalak last week against New Zealand he came on for the last 10 mins and created a try that won the game!
Scotland can take alot away from this tournament and will continue to build on what they have.

Just so no one is under any illusions, if you join the Marines you will actually be fighting for England as well!

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
My Dad's a Jock and I he loves the banter just as the rest of us do, it's all a bit of fun. Same as down at lympstone, people from all over the world so have a laugh with.

Just a bit of fun

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for your input Oz, I agree I hope Scotland can take some good things away from this tournament and build on it. Perhaps one day we will stop being an emabarrasment on the sports field, mind you I was channel hoppin earlier and I noticed Scotland was up 11 to 2 in hockey or some sport like that they were playing Ireland *text deleted*. Perhaps it aint all doom and gloom.

I may be opening a can of worms here and please believe me guys Im not wanting to cause a riot. I just feel the need to make this observation. Perhpas its easy for the English to support the home nations considering its them who rule us all???? Puppet parliments aside this surely must give all the English a boost. The UK had the biggest empire the world has evern seen no one has surpassed that yet. It wasnt scotland or ireland or wales that was at the centre of that it was England masquerading as UK( i dont mean that in a bad way) Its just that whenever anyone foreign or otherwise thinks of the UK or being brittish they automatically think of England or being English. Thats fine in my books the Scots have a good enough identity on their own. I just feel that for generations the English have been born into a country that rules and has ruled for hundreds of years. Perhaps its a jealousy we have that we werent able to rule a UNITED kingdom let alone ourselves who knows time will tell what it has in store for us all. Let and let live I say.

I personally do not mind being part of the UK I also dont mind trying our hand at being independant. Its the people who make the country just like its the marines who make the unit. I have no bones to pick with the English at all. I also do not mind us having a crack at actually being UNITED kingdom and putting ourselves back on this map *text deleted*.

Take care all
Marc

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Your joking aren't you Marc, us rule you guys. It's you who rule us bud. Scottish PM for the last 10 years, 10 years of Scottish Chancellors. Hospital drugs available in Scotland that aren't available in England, Cancer treatment in Scotland that puts England and Wales to shame. Scottish MP's that vote on English issues and English MP's that have no say in Scottish issues. In fact the only reason that English students pay tuition fees in England is because Scottish MP's voted for it in England and yet voted against it in Scotland. If it wasn't for those MP's, the bill wouldn't have gone through parliament. Yet Scottish students go to uni for free.

If there was anyone that would want independence it would be the English.

One thing that has always made me shake my head in disbelief is when you ask an independence party such as the Scottish National Party, Plaid Cymru or Sinn Fien. You ask them what would you do after you get independence, and they all say we'd sign up to the EU. Why after wanting independence from a so called Empire for the last 300 years would you want to immediately sign up to be ruled by another, and by the way a far more dangerous one.

I hope the union stays as we all benefit from it, but independence might not just be a choice for Sotland, Wales and Ireland. England might just get there say shortly as well, Over the last few years rumblings of English independence have started to grow and on the last poll I think it was running at around 40% of English want independence. That's compared to about the 30% of Scottish who actively want independence.

One to think about, can't see it happening though.

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hahahah i love creating friction within unity, Meh... COME ON ENGLAND *Dances*

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You have good fair points Greywing *text deleted*, i must admit now that you mention it I have read a few times that some English feel they should be given the right for a vote on Independence. Perhaps thats right as maybe Parliment are guilty of trying to keep Scotland etc happy in order to remain a UK. A bit like giving into a child who is havin a tantrum. Ack well thanks for your insightful input much appreciated :) I love this forum *text deleted*.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Oh I have this conversation everyday with my Dad, keep threatening him with deportation back to the north :D . But we always take it in the spirit it is meant and just a bit of fun, always has been to me. But some take it very serious both sides of the border. 90% of my family are Scotish and I know for a fact they actively persue independence, can't even have a joke with them about it.

ar well, many years off

ICTTech

Reaction score
what the hell does this have to do with independance and all that crap , its about england playing rubbish and not just turning round and saying yeah we had a bad game we got through with the skin of our teeth . but instead all you get is that england is amazing and that they are the best thing since slice bread .

just annoys me any other team and commintators wouldn't be like the english .

its like when the tourney was starting england played and then for every game after till the next england game all the commintators could talk about is the bloody england game . FFS

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
It goes back to Nelson's famous words, "England expects".

Guys it doesn't matter what England are competing at, we expect to win. Sometimes it is totally misplaced but it's an attitude that's done us alright upto now. If we don't win it's because some thing's "gone wrong" compared to if other countries win "something has gone right".

It's an attitude that you'll find in the British armed forces and especially the Royal Navy, course we are going to win the only question is by how many.

Yep it might seem arrogant to others but we shouldn't change it, I always thought it was a British attitude not just an English one.

Obviously if it's a certain TV channel that is pee'ing you off then the only thing to do is change the channel, which is exactly what I do everytime someone starts reporting on the Princess Diana inquest.

Chris5818

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Cerberus said:
what the hell does this have to do with independance and all that crap , its about england playing rubbish and not just turning round and saying yeah we had a bad game we got through with the skin of our teeth . but instead all you get is that england is amazing and that they are the best thing since slice bread .

just annoys me any other team and commintators wouldn't be like the english .

its like when the tourney was starting england played and then for every game after till the next england game all the commintators could talk about is the bloody england game . FFS

Ha ha think someones a bit jealous, get a life mate this only comes round every 4 years and in a months time all will be forgotten i can gaurentee that! It was only 3 weeks ago that everyone was saying how crap we were and are *text deleted* be the worst defenders of the world cup ever, especially after getting beat 36-0.

With the aussies defeated once again, let this be a reminder to those who covert our crown, those *text deleted*ers that keep writing us off you will feel our wrath! In every bone crunching tackle with every deft pass and harrying run with every drop kick, conversion and grinding scrum a constant thorn in your side for if you want what is ours next saturday.....BE WARNED.... NOT WITHOUT A FIGHT.

Frogs legs snapped one to go

COME ON ENGLAND!

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hahahahha I SECOND that to the end of the earth. Brilliant