What’s an example of a medical fail on PRMC?

frankthetank25

Reaction score
Hi guys new to this, got my PRMC on Tuesday and been looking at the results of previous weeks. Keep seeing the “failed on medical” popping up as a reason for people failing...what would an example be of someone failing on medical. Sorry if it’s a stupid question.

Caversham

RM Commando, Crossed The Bar 13/12/2020
Reaction score
Hi guys new to this, got my PRMC on Tuesday and been looking at the results of previous weeks. Keep seeing the “failed on medical” popping up as a reason for people failing...what would an example be of someone failing on medical. Sorry if it’s a stupid question.
Underweight or turning up with a pre existing injury or illness.

The advice is to cancel, rather than get to CTC and hope you can wing it.

Alan

frankthetank25

Reaction score
Perfect thanks for that. I’d say I’m more likely to be overweight than under other than that I think I’m fine.

Cheers

Chelonian

Reaction score
Just to emphasise what @Caversham said don't think you can cuff it carrying an injury. Other than that, get your head in the right place, deploy quiet confidence, switch on and smash it.
Best of luck. Let us know how you get on.

frankthetank25

Reaction score
Yeah I didn’t think nerves would get to me that much but this week I’ve been bricking it. A couple of months ago I had pretty bad shin splints but took some time off and bought some decent running trainers and insoles and they’ve sorted me out so fit as I can be. Just nervous because at 107kg I’m not a natural runner

Chelonian

Reaction score
Just nervous because at 107kg I’m not a natural runner

Okay, I'm politely tolerated here despite being ex-Para so I've never done a PRMC but both Royal Marines and Parachute Regiment RT are built on running and CV performance.
Nobody will be tested on their bench press ability. If your body weight is way above the somewhat crude BMI metric perhaps consider losing a few kilos before PRMC.

frankthetank25

Reaction score
I’ve come down from 119kg since applying so I’m trying ha. My 3 mile time at the minute is 12:30 out and between 9:30-10 back so not saying I’m a terrible runner...just had to change from the weights to the cardio and I’m enjoying it tbf.

New Threads