What a joke.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ire-for-racist-tweet-that-showed-a-soldier-w/

Don't know what I am more annoyed at, the SJW snowflake brigade kicking off at it, or the Army for lacking spine and removing it, caving to these stupid, overly sensitive, snowflake, hipster, wet lettuce *text deleted*s.

It's camouflage cream. It stops the shape, shine, shadow and texture of the face giving away your position. Black soldiers have to use it too. Black skin still shins, still has texture and still creates shadow, and last time I checked they still had a face shape.

Honestly. Society is doomed lads. We are all stuffed. Bunch of wet lettuce, weak, overly sensitive, limp wristed toilets.

Ballista

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The worst part is when they apologise and use weasel words like "We can see how it could be interpreted in a negative way..."

Twitter will be the downfall of civilisation, giving a voice to every easily offended idiot in the world.

Reaction score
When future generations ask, when did society start to unravel?I'm pretty sure the response will be "It all started in 2016....."

robbo09

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Is this for real!?! Honestly what is wrong with people!! Anything and everything seems to offend people these days it's ridiculous. Who's the real racist... it's the pathetic turds that are complaining about it!

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
The worst part is when they apologise and use weasel words like "We can see how it could be interpreted in a negative way..."

Twitter will be the downfall of civilisation, giving a voice to every easily offended idiot in the world.

Amusing thing is, they are moving further and further away from free speech, and losing a lot of users because of it. Censoring people's posts, banning people, Milo is banned for life.

Ironically these left wing hipster snowflakes are so intent on destroying the very freedom of speech and thought that allows them to speak out against everyone's freedom of speech.

It's not about who's right, it's about who's offended.

It's about who can shout the loudest, and empty vessels make the most noise.

arny01

Ex Pongo.
Reaction score
God help us all!! I think we now live in an age where perception has become more important than the truth!! If something is perceived the wrong way, the idiots jump on it, and all hell breaks loose!! Race, religion, equal opportunities issues seems to be the most popular!!

I'm sad to say, but in the case of the Army, and the current recruitment crisis, and the lack of ability to recruit the right people for the job, standards have been lowered, the culture of discipline and high standards have been replaced by the need to get numbers through the door.

Political correctness has gone mad!! I wonder If there's any head shed out there brave enough to say it how it is, and turn things around? Maybe not, because all the head shed are nothing more than MPs puppets!!

The tail is wagging the dog unfortunately!!

Chelonian

Reaction score
Arguably, the 'anti-racist' groups that complained are just doing their jobs. Protesting is an industry in itself. But trivial complaints detract from pursuing the true examples of racist discrimination upon which such groups should be focussing.

"The tweet, which was swiftly deleted, was described as “stupid” and “racist” by outraged social media users, while anti-racism campaigners said the force should feel "embarrassed"."

The Army media team did the service a massive disservice by conceding to misguided criticism by "outraged social media users" and deleting the image. It should have brushed aside adverse comments by explaining that the cam cream was not 'black' but a blend of earth tones (close examination of the image confirms this) applied to preserve the lives of personnel whatever the colour of their skin.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
The Army media team did the service a massive disservice by conceding to misguided criticism by "outraged social media users" and deleting the image. It should have brushed aside adverse comments by explaining that the cam cream was not 'black' but a blend of earth tones (close examination of the image confirms this) applied to preserve the lives of personnel whatever the colour of their skin.

This. So much this. It just fuels the fire and by showin a lack of spine, makes a mockery of the Military.

What a joke. Maybe the officers should have put down their caviar and have a look for their Mk I Spine.

C

C

What a joke. Maybe the officers should have put down their caviar and have a look for their Mk I Spine.

For field use only I'm afraid.

PotentialToff

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Imagine the out cry if they 'left' it up, every left politician would be begging for the opportunity to lead the charge for it's removal.
Nothing wrong with it being up but is it worth the head ache and slander it would generate.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Probably the issue was as much to do with the ambiguity of what the Army tweet was inferring in the text.

Neither the picture nor the comments, in isolation, are in any way racist. The picture actually is faintly amusing in its own right. Put the two together however, even if entirely innocent, it could be negatively interpreted by the inevitably uber sensitive activists who only seem to live to be mortally offended.

I feel a bit sorry for the Army because, once posted they were going to be damned if they didn't take it down and equally condemned for doing just that.

ale623

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with it being up but is it worth the head ache and slander it would generate.

The way I see it mate is if you leave it you might catch a load of flak but by taking it down it just makes it look like they're right. I see your point but why the Army should take it down because of these people's lack of common sense I just can't understand-banghead--banghead-

PotentialToff

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I think if the army stood by their decision to keep it up and stood in solidarity it would be fine.

However it would mean some politician who want the minorities vote for them will force the army in to removing it and end up launching an enquiry.

Basically the blame will get passed from post to pillar until all the blame drops on the person who hit send.

Who will be strung up by the over sensitive media.

So if I was that guy *text deleted* taking the hit which after months will inevitably land on his lap, I'd hit delete.

CSVern

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
All publicity is good publicity! Maybe they knew exactly what they were doing and what the reaction could be. The 'outrage' will be gone tomorrow as the hippy brigade find something else to be offended by, meanwhile the message reached far more than it would have done otherwise. Marketing done right :cool::D

PotentialToff

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Genuinely think you're giving them too much credit. Could you imagine that meeting?

Wings

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Ive realised that more white people complain about racism than anyone. I really wouldnt have taken it down. Some people are just so pathetic its ridiculous

New Threads