What a *text deleted**text deleted* week, proper *text deleted**text deleted*e!

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
This week has been one of my worse training wise. Where I broke new records for my 1.5 mile and 3 miler, ok not great but I wasn't destroyed after my runs.. but anyway this is the week I suppose to advance my training but if anything it's only got worse.

Monday - 4 mile run with stop watch reseting itself through the run, Didn't attend boxing training.
Tuesday - 1.5 and 3 mile runs breaking new records.
Wedensday - Wake up with a slight cold, but did tough circuit training in the evening.
Thursday - Woke up feeling like *text deleted**text deleted*. Went for a 3 miler but only managed 1 mile and walked back.
Friday - Woke up again feeling even worse, went boxing training which was *text deleted**text deleted* today. Barely broke sweat.

That's all I've done this week, and just to note I've been eating good foods but maybe far too much. I've been eating a lot more and put on 2 kg. What a *text deleted**text deleted*ty week, I'm just always hungry..........

Stop feeling sorry for yourself Adz8916 :laugh:

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
wheres my sympathy?? do you see it?? (jokes mate)

i had a week like that not too long ago, just keep your head up mate, don't let it get the better of you. I know how you feel, i hate it when crap little colds can set you back so much! I bloody hate them!! You'll be alrite in a couple of days

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Mate your not a machine yet you will go through bad patches where you cant be botherd with training. *text deleted* been up at 5.30am everyday this week for work and train at 3pm when i get back. I felt like *text deleted**text deleted* but just keep saying its only pain. Nice to see you do boxing im starting to do boxing with my friend but his training is hard its 6am till 2pm, i told him i dont to be built like a boxer though..
Good luck with your training mate.

RC

Reaction score
Alright mate.

*text deleted*, I can't see what the problem is ? *text deleted*

Relax, your PRMC is along way off, and, your scores look pretty good. Don't worry about taking the odd day off when needed. Fitness takes time to build.

Take the weekend off to recover from your cold and crack back on with training on Monday.

What do you mean by - 'supposed to advance my training'?

Ideally you should be gradually progressing week by week with no major increases in training volume/intensity/frequency etc. Plan your training to reflect this.

Rich.

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Mate your not a machine yet you will go through bad patches where you cant be botherd with training. *text deleted* been up at 5.30am everyday this week for work and train at 3pm when i get back. I felt like *text deleted**text deleted* but just keep saying its only pain. Nice to see you do boxing im starting to do boxing with my friend but his training is hard its 6am till 2pm, i told him i dont to be built like a boxer though..
Good luck with your training mate.

You do want to be built like a boxer. Their bodies are probably the closest things you'll get to a Royal Marines body. You don't want the fitness of a footballer nor a tennis player, boxers have way better fitness and way lower fat percentage.

Bet you floyd mayweather could easily bang out over 100 push ups and i bet you rooney would struggle to do half that. Pound for pound you need to be very good in the marines, and boxers are the best in sport at pound for pound power and strenght.

But yeah, boxing has been *text deleted**text deleted* this week and my runs have been *text deleted**text deleted* this week. My mental mind has been *text deleted**text deleted* this week and my eating has been *text deleted**text deleted*, my immune system has been *text deleted**text deleted*... what a *text deleted**text deleted* week *text deleted*

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
You do want to be built like a boxer. Their bodies are probably the closest things you'll get to a Royal Marines body. You don't want the fitness of a footballer nor a tennis player, boxers have way better fitness and way lower fat percentage.

Bet you floyd mayweather could easily bang out over 100 push ups and i bet you rooney would struggle to do half that. Pound for pound you need to be very good in the marines, and boxers are the best in sport at pound for pound power and strenght.

But yeah, boxing has been *text deleted**text deleted* this week and my runs have been *text deleted**text deleted* this week. My mental mind has been *text deleted**text deleted* this week and my eating has been *text deleted**text deleted*, my immune system has been *text deleted**text deleted*... what a *text deleted**text deleted* week *text deleted*

spot on about the boxing mate

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yea i can agree with you mate. I just wanted to focus on running. Not about nocking the *text deleted**text deleted* out of people.. I no there training is focused on stamina but this boxing gym my friend goes to is all about getting built to fight.

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
not yet, but i watched a few of my local clubs training sessions and i might start training with them.

Macca

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Johnny Nelson who is a former world boxing champion had a crack at P company and he couldn't hack it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5Aco2GnqUo he said it was the toughest thing he had done, but your right they are very very fit blokes boxers, was very tough and challenging when i Joined the local boxing club

daz665

Reaction score
Seeing as the threads gone a bit off topic I'll take advantage and ask a question I've been meaning to ask!

I've wanted to try boxing for a while, mainly for the fitness cause I've heard it's good. Are most local clubs welcoming to complete novices? And would you recommend attending if you only really wanted the fitness?

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Johnny Nelson who is a former world boxing champion had a crack at P company and he couldn't hack it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5Aco2GnqUo he said it was the toughest thing he had done, but your right they are very very fit blokes boxers, was very tough and challenging when i Joined the local boxing club

He is a big lad though lets admit. A middleweight would stand a much better chance in military training then someone his size :laugh:

So why are you an ex troop, you didn't want to carry on?

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Seeing as the threads gone a bit off topic I'll take advantage and ask a question I've been meaning to ask!

I've wanted to try boxing for a while, mainly for the fitness cause I've heard it's good. Are most local clubs welcoming to complete novices? And would you recommend attending if you only really wanted the fitness?

Well the one I go to isn't really about fitness, mainly technique and that but yeah amature boxing clubs take on people who've never boxed before.. otherwise where do all these boxers start at? You don't want to go to some cheap boxing lesuire club where you'll pick up bad habits.

Some are amazing for fitness but really you have to do the fitness in your spare time, you'll probably only do circuit training at a boxing club which is better than nothing but never amazing. I'll start a new thread on the off-topic page where we can discuss it matey :)

Macca

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Nah mate my head went into abit of a mess during my 3 week summer leave in 2007 a few personal things happened, and needed to be at home, Once recovered I fully regreted leaving but and I'm currently training to get myself back in, Its done me good coming out though, has really made me realise just how much becoming a Royal Marine means to me, miss the hell out of the place aswel *text deleted*

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Nah mate my head went into abit of a mess during my 3 week summer leave in 2007 a few personal things happened, and needed to be at home, Once recovered I fully regreted leaving but and I'm currently training to get myself back in, Its done me good coming out though, has really made me realise just how much becoming a Royal Marine means to me, miss the hell out of the place aswel *text deleted*

Your fitness does seem pretty much erm.. superhuman? Did you achive those results before PRMC and RT or during RT because those results are amazing! I know someone in the Army and he can't do it in the times you've done, but he got 17.6 on the bleep test which is pretty amazing!

Macca

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Nah my results before prmc was something like 10:10 for pjft *text deleted*, I've not stopped doing fitness since I came out of RT though so I was quite fit when I left, I suppose you could say its become a major hobby since leaving *text deleted*, on a mission to be fitter than my bro aswel *text deleted*, good bit of competition

New Threads