What are your main worrys about recruit trainin????

DJ LOZZA

Reaction score
Hi lads.I start recruit training on jan 5th.
Just wanted some other opinions on what you think will be the toughest part of recruit training?
What are your main worrys?

thanx DJ LOZZA

TM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It may be a very minor point, but, from what my brother and others have said, the wet/dry routine sounds like it will really be a pretty depressing point in my life!

Nintendouche

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
My main worries are:

- Getting medically discharged
- Getting put in Hunter Company
- Cocking up and failing

And the toughest part is no doubt the mental stress side to it, you can build up your physical strength easily but its bloody hard to teach your mind to be mentally ready for anything.

manonfire

Reaction score
For me it would be getting medically discharged.

All that hard work for nothing.:sad:

JMH

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
As positive as i feel about it now, I'm worried about getting home sick. The water works start going when me and my mum talk about me leaving and she gets upset. I'm worried I'll come home on the breaks in RT and not want to go back. She really wants me to pass out though. Apart from that, injury and getting back trooped, and wet and dry routine, talking to a friend of mine who was in the army, he says it's horrible *text deleted*.

Blanio

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm worried about doing the death slide again! I sh*t myself over it on PRMC and that was with a harness!

I think just about everybody worries about getting MD, and i'm certainly no exception!

PaddyTheManc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
People always worry about the mental side of things, i thnk the best thing you can do is find someone similar to you here or in your first few days and no matter what drag each other through.

Boataimer

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
worried about my normal morning routine being upset. i get up and sit on the throne for about 15 minutes reading the sun and have a good turn out. I like my little me time before the days activities.

kit-kat-man

Reaction score
Hi lads.I start recruit training on jan 5th.
Just wanted some other opinions on what you think will be the toughest part of recruit training?
What are your main worrys?

thanx DJ LOZZA

hey got same RT as me :)
i dont care about any of the hard stuff like wet n dry routine bring it on is what i say *text deleted*
its the fact that u *text deleted* become alienated from your home and your *text deleted* miss people
so if anything the harder it rains the louder they shout just push through it and it will get your mind off home.... hopefully
MD is a *text deleted**text deleted**text deleted** but we not *text deleted* let it happen r we boyzzz!

TM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
That's interesting kit-kat-man because i'm the opposite. I think i'll be too busy to be worried about missing people.

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Worries

When I went through training, I was initially homesick.
I also missed my girlfriend.

However, the homesickness always went away after a week or so and my girlfriend got used to me being away.

Training isn't easy, its not meant to be. So I just focused on working hard all the time, along with the other guys.

One of the most difficult times, I thought, was coming back from home leave. I always had butterflies in my stomach when I saw CTCRM again. I'd gotten used to being at home and almost didn't want to come back again. Albeit: That feeling was always there, but it always went away after a day or two.

Then I focused on Time, Distance and Effort. This was my way of getting through training.

It was: The time to took for me to complete a task, either physical or mental. The Distance I had to cover during it, and the Effort required to complete the task. Yes I know, its always 100%, but that's the way it is.

Cheers

Steve

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
im starting in 3 days and my fear is failing basicly , but it would have to be though MD to get me out *text deleted*

Commando Kennedy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
the hardest fing 4 u lozza is keeping up with me! *text deleted*..nah i reckon it will all be hard but final ex n load carrys r mega hard so *text deleted* been told!..n *text deleted* never on facebook u scrotum! *text deleted*

gareth17

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I am a father who's son started RT on the 10th November, so he is about to start his third week. So far he is telling me his main problems are his admin work. By this he means basically all the thing that me and his mother has done for him over the years, cleaning, ironing keeping your locker tidy with everything folded to A4 size. He phoned last week suffering from sleep deprivation, he got to his bed at 3am after finishing ironing all his kit and getting it ready from inspection, up 5.30. The following night, got to bed at 01.45. I spoke to him tonight and he sounds a lot more relaxed, still ironing, church parade tomorrow. He is actually admitting that it is far, far harder than he imagined. So please be prepared for the biggest culture shock you will ever have in your life. Good luck

Cheers

Boataimer

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
im starting in 3 days and my fear is failing basicly , but it would have to be though MD to get me out *text deleted*

good luck mate ill see you soon

i wont fail if you dont, make a pact prmc user to prmc user *text deleted*

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yea i think i will struggle with admin. I have always depended on the mum to do all my washing, ironing etc.. I have been told by a marine that if you can crack on with the admin work to their standars your reward will be valuble sleep, you don't want to be up most of the night ironing so its best we all start practicing :idea:

Also my main worries of RT, like most recruits is injury!
Good luck to the guys who are starting soon.

RMC-Wannabe

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
My biggest fear would be having a bad troop. I want people working 100% together to make life little easier *text deleted*!!
I fear the fact knowing when people in my troop *text deleted* leave they drag morale down for the rest... bad times.!

Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I think apart from getting injured and getting back trooped and all the other main worries, I'd say my biggest worry would be having to adapt to doing everything within a certain amount of time (usually a very strict time, probably meaning more messing things up within the first few weeks).

Things like getting up and showered and have everything ready in stupidly fast times etc; It's going to take some getting used to.

New Threads