what do i take?

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
hi guys got medical on thursday, do i need to take anything with me to it? or just take myself and is it informal?

M

MTW

random i have mine on thursday too, best of luck and all that chap! we'll be alright...i hope...i heard that its better to go smart, not interview smart but quite smart, dont think you have to take anything tho.

Dodger

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I was told by my AFCO to turn up in tracksuit as we were sat around for hours and hours. I have heard of others in jeans etc. Don't worry too much about your attire at this point, its interview were it is essential.

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
all u need is *text deleted* eye test papers an u an i advise u wear somethin comfy *text deleted* u sit there 4 about 3/4 hours doin nothin

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
straight after i did my eye test i took them down to the AFCO so i now don't have anything to take with me.

Bish

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
u *text deleted* need 2 take anything accept *text deleted* eye test papers an if u have already taken them bak then just take urself haha. it d/m what you wear an yer they keep u there for about 4 hours.

greenlid

Reaction score
Just took my eyesight test results and my security questionaire with me. I'd where a tracksuit or something thought mate or something thats easy to get on and off. Goodluck though.

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i find that people in different AFCO's do it differently to ours, like having a security questionairre and eye test results we just had eye test, but am sure we all meet at the same place in the end.

Josh

Reaction score
And prepare to get your bits felt by an old man! Not nice.

Good luck

RH

Reaction score
*text deleted* at my medical we had this crazy legend conducting it forgot his name but anyone whos done it at birmingham will know who i mean.
Started shouting *text deleted* i wasnt taking my clothes off fast enuff *text deleted*
craaaaaaaaazy

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I was told to wear what I felt comfortable in. Then again I wasn't sat around long (shocking isn't it). I didn't take anything not even my eye exam papers. You go to the AFCO on the day of your medical to collect your medical documents and then you make your way down to the medical centre for the medical =)

zooby

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
the guy tht done my medical didnt even wear gloves when telling me to cough... *text deleted*

jeremy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
so... you fail if you have one ball bigger than the other?! *text deleted*

oh yeh, people are saying 'we' sat there for ages who do you go with!?!

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The Doc didn't do the thing where he makes you stand and cough while touching your balls, just asked me to lie down and pull down my boxers for a sec and felt them... ???? (no homo)

I guess my AFC is fast, I only had to wait about half an hour(but an hour and a half in total since it was after my interview)they said my med was at 11 but they meant the med started at 11 and there were 3 guys before me, so quite fast?

jeremy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
your careers officer is awesome, when did you hand in your application? 8th of may?! *text deleted*

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
your careers officer is awesome, when did you hand in your application? 8th of may?! *text deleted*

*text deleted* Nah, about 20th April or something, went to the AFCO about 8th April.