what do officers do?

mawhood123

Reaction score
hey,
I pled for a current RMC help,
i really want to join up to the commandos and my parents think i should be an officer, i believe with the training i can make it.
But the problem:
All my friends want to become marines and take the piss because they say that officers don't fight.
I thought the officers did go on patrols and actually fight contact,
people are telling me officers stay back in the headquatres and plan and give orders.
Do they actually fight?
PLEASE help
thanks for reading
Mawhood123

PRMBenjey1993

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Bull*text deleted**text deleted*
They fight, of course they do
The officers go out and lead people on patrols.

Death-Oar-Glory

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Jesus, mate, there's a reason your mates aren't joining as officers, they quite obviously lack the mental capacity for the job. An Officer is equally as in danger as his men, to an extent. Yes, after a certain amount of time/rank, you will be considered as too value to risk, but you'll still be involved. Where would royal be without officers?
Officers lead assaults. Officers control the men and the assets placed at his disposal, and hence, an officer is responsible, directly or indirectly, for more kills than most commandos.

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
an officer would be in danger but he would rarely fire his weapon.......he has to concentrate on getting his men into position and the like

mawhood123

Reaction score
thanks

Thanks
ill be joining up as an officer by next year then
thanks again
Mawhood123

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Thanks
ill be joining up as an officer by next year then
thanks again
Mawhood123

I doubt it, the intake for this year was in September.

The next intake is September 2009 - you need to start the process now - Good luck.

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* Ninja an ever cynical humour evident!

diggs1988

Reaction score
go on youtube, search for commando: on the front line and watch it. it also follows an officer from training onto the front line in afghanistan. youll get a good idea of what they do.

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
officers have to show the men how its done, usualy by charging the enemy lines on his own backwards on a pogo stick dressed as santa. this has a devestating effect on the enemy's morale.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
officers have to show the men how its done, usualy by charging the enemy lines on his own backwards on a pogo stick dressed as santa. this has a devestating effect on the enemy's morale.

Quite.

They're not called the "twenty-seconders" for nothing.

New Threads