What do you do for a living?

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
i thought it might be interesting to find out what people do for a living before joining the marines, you never know there might be some interesting surprises.

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Well Hmmmm I'm a local rent boy!, Is that interesting enough?? :laugh: ROFL!..

Na work in a local bike shop 3 days a week so its fairly easy, Just earns a little bit of cash before i join the marines.

Marco you plank you forgot to say what you do for a job!

Sam

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I am currently a conveyancing executive at a local solicitors firm. Basically I deal with the legal work for house sales, purchases, remortgages etc.

Yes, it is as boring as it sounds.

WrapJuice

Reaction score
that's because it's non of your business!

*text deleted* - my title is Senior IT Analyst, basically means i do projects like roll out office 2007 but i have to look into if we need it before doing it. i'm getting bored just talking about it. i also fix your PC/Server if it breaks!

WrapJuice

Reaction score
I am currently a conveyancing executive at a local solicitors firm. Basically I deal with the legal work for house sales, purchases, remortgages etc.

Yes, it is as boring as it sounds.

can't be much work at the moment with the credit crunch and all that!

D

Deleted

I'm looking for a job, I've only just left school though. Can't find anywhere that have any erm... spaces? It's a pain but there's just no-where around town.

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Paper round :) I'm not complaining though, 1 day a week and a £100 paycheck each month.

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
can't be much work at the moment with the credit crunch and all that!

It certainly is quiet. I reckon if I wasn't leaving soon they would need to think about letting someone go. A few of the estate agents in the area have already closed down.

My server/pcs at home run linux, cant stand windows.

Lord Blackadder

Reaction score
Well i have the *text deleted**text deleted*test job so far... good old crew member at my local macdonalds, it really is the worse job in the world and i hate the food with a passion

WrapJuice

Reaction score
yeah linux is good but i play games online so need windows. plus i have to support it so i need to know it!

We have recently have had to make redundacies, me being one of them but i voulentired for it. my last day tomorrow!

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I build and repair pc's for a living getting so tired of it now but it pays the bills.

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
...i work for the surrey county council..east surrey highways : )

its quite interesting and can be a good laugh sometimes!

excellent pay too for what i actually do *text deleted*....£11.28 an hour *text deleted*

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i've just dropped out of uni and am on the market, and temping *text deleted*. got a couple of offers for permanent work mostly in telesales :(

mrdanie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well i work at Historic Dockyards in Portsmouth, HMS Victory, Warrior etc etc. Its pretty boring, do random jobs such as, Car Park - watching security cameras, fixing machines helping customers general car park stuff. Visitor Centre - on the tills, Bag Searching main gate customer host. Evenings - working in the cinema, security id'ing navy people and stopping public coming in. Need a new job for the moment with more money fed up with the minimum wage.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Was a features Editor for a gaming magazine back home, but employed as a warehouse manager since landing in the UK