What do you do?

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Alright lads,

Yet another boring day in the office for me, so to pass away these dreary days, I thought i'd ask a question to you all!

Does anyone else have a boring job like me -? Banking & finance :sleeping: *text deleted*... apparently its my fault the world is in debt! If you guys are the same, what do you do??

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I will add myself to the list....

I work in a solicitors office doing conveyancing and it bores me out of my mind. It stays fairly busy so the days go quickly but the repetitiveness and lack of any real challenge drives me insane.

I have worked here for over 1 1/2 years and I honestly would look for another job if it was not for my intention of rejoing the Royal Marines.

Just about the only thing that makes it bearable is that i get along really well with one of the women that works here and we have a good laugh which breaks up the day.

Brucey1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i was a valuer for an estate agents for numerous years which was sheeeeeiiiite. the boredom killed me. knowing that i was hopefully *text deleted* be joining i left (would have left anyway) now i make catheter bags (piss bags) which is even worse....roll on prmc and then hopefully the start of a new career

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Same here Pcampbell, the guys i work with are a great bunch and make work more bearable :giggle: of course the £££'s certainly help but i'd rather be training to be a royal !

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The main trouble I have is that I find it quite hard to get motivated for training after a depressing day at work.

By the time I get in and have some scran it is the last thing I want to do. I really need to crack on and start doing my pyhs in the morning again.

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Again same with me mate, though i find if i head there straight from work it's not as bad mate! I only have time for a 3mile run & some push ups and sit ups or a 30min swim in the mornings.

Currently aiming to follow this work out plan - http://www.prmc.co.uk/showthread.php?t=707&page=2 but struggling a little this weather as work sucks and motivation is up & down like a rollercoaster :laughter:

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Im a computer engineer myself. So I usually find myself taking apart computers and sitting on my ass and doing conference calls. I've been doing it for 5 years, and it has definetly taken it's toll on my body. Try to stay as active as I can. So bored of the city / civilian life.

Brucey1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
at the minute i start work at 7 so leave house at half 6. sure, i suppose i should get upat 5 for some phys but when you havent got a few nice gentleman with funny green hats on making you do it but instead your girls in the bed its hard. therefore im doing everything at night when im in. i have some days when the motivation is pretty much non existent after *text deleted**text deleted*e day at work, but find (generally) once im out its ok and feel great afterwards. you guys the same??

News

RSS Feed
Reaction score
I sit here all day typing the news in, pretty boring really unless something happens. :clap:

rmc_86

Reaction score
I work for T-Mobile tech support, gets a bit reppetative (if thats how you spell it) The guys I work with are all a really good laugh and around my age so its not too bad but.............I will do everything I can to become a Marine!

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i am full time physing forget jobs! that what my parents are for! :D

chris*

Reaction score
Finance and Accounting clerk, cant stand my job but it pays the bills at the moment I start at 7am and im finished by 3pm.

Jas

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Construction labourer :D One big workout everyday. Always knackered and aching when I get home, which is a good thing!

H00L3Y D4N

Reaction score
tyre, exhaust fitter, tuning, enigine managment systems on mainly cars and not so many bikes! i lick it. also a part time pole dancer :D and terrorising people with my motorbike haha. awesome...

Jask1982

Reaction score
I work for a fruit company doing stock controll, been doing it for the last 6 years and bores the tits off me dying to get out this hell hole.

Dodger

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure if this topic has been brought up but I was just wondering, what do you do at the moment? Pre or Post service ( if your in at the moment you can speak aswell if you wish *text deleted*)

Personally, I am a law student at the moment, first year after taking a year out as a printer. Its not that I was un-decided what i wanted to do, just needed to get some cash together to get me trhough uni. I am currently in the process of joining the RMR, I am pretty far through the process and I can see the end of it coming pretty quickly.

Your turn.
Edit: Do you play any sports?

I play rugby league and I also do a fair ammount of swimming aswell now, not competitetivly anymore, just for fitness. I obviously run aswell but thats just for marine phys.

FromtheGlos

Reaction score
I had a few part time jobs etc when at school, but now I'm an assistant video analyst at gloucester rugby. Best saturday job EVER. Also I'm at college studying AS art, english lit and sociology. I went to a different college last year straight from school to do sport but got quickly bored. Ive since decided that seeing as i get bored easily then the RM would be for me, as you do 6 months here, 6 months there. Dont get me wrong Im extrememly dedicated to joining the corps, and would if it involved years in the same place (its a green lid what i'm after). Its just the nomadic, fast paced lifestyle would be perfect for me. What else could an 18 year old want?!

edd91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I am a ground worker get up at 6 get back around 4 ish some of the days then have to go and train all i want to do is sleep i just don't have energy, but hey lifes not suppose to be easy aye. O the fun I tell you did work as a chef kinda just starters and deserts and helping with mains, and i will loose my right testical before i ever become a chef again.

New Threads