What do you use?

J

Jason_A

What do you all use to know how many miles you've done? I'm guessing a pedometer.

Do you use anything to count the calories you've lost?

I use FitDay to monitor calories ect. Gives me good charts and shows me how I'm progressing. The free version online is good, but I use the paid version downloadable software. :) (PM me and you can have it for free!)

-- Jason

spiderman

Reaction score
Google earth ruler mate free! and effective. Plan all my routes on there just zoom in on my house and measure away *text deleted*

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
as far as calories go, if i remember correctly from looking at the treadmill you lose about 80 calories a kilometer running at 15.5 km/ph

D

Deleted

I use walkjogrun to plot my routes, I'm sure that program comes in handy though ;)

tcsmith88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Luckily I only live about a 5 minute walk from Sherwood Forest. It's literally more or less at the bottom of my street. When I go running in there, or just walking with my Dad and the Dog I work out other possible running routes for myself.

Priar

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I use a Garmin Forerunner 305 it's pretty awesome. Measures and records speed, time and distance along with calories burned and heart rate. It's all done via GPS.
Unfortunately mine has just broke. Thinking about upgrading now to the 405 model, it's much smaller and looks more like a normal watch and less like a brick. :smile:
If you can afford one, get it, it has a virtual training partner for you to push yourself against.

DamageInc85

Reaction score
I've been using the 405 for about 3 months now and it's a pretty decent piece of kit. On the whole it's good points out weigh it's bad, but there are still a few pitfalls with it. For example the new touch sensitive bezel that they've replaced the buttons with is impossible to operate when your running along and it still loses satellite comms now and then. I've also experienced software/connectivity issues and its still too bulky to use as an everyday watch, although this is probablly down to my weedy girl wrists.

manonfire

Reaction score
I've got a forerunner 305 as well awesome piece of kit. They was doing them in tesco's a while back for about 80 quid. Bargain! i payed 150 for mine:sad:

New Threads