Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

What is Exeter like?

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by AdamG, Oct 11, 2008.

1. AdamG

AdamG New Member

What Exeter is like!

You guys starting Recruit Training may want to take note because it's the closest main town to Lympstone.

Three cinemas
    Five nightclubs
    Seven pubs
    Five restaurants
    One football team
    One rugby team
    Three sport centers
    Two swimming centers
    One golf course
    One airport - 6 miles away from town
    Shopping centers and highstreets
    Good transport

Sounds good to me, but it is about 8 miles away from Lympstone but maybe after the first three weeks when your allowed out of site, you may want to head up to Exeter. You have to enjoy yourself out of training aswell :rolleyes:

2. CommandoJ

CommandoJ New Member

AIM to get to everyone of those destinations before the end of RT!

3. AdamG

AdamG New Member

...and to at least score with a bird or two.

4. Sam1

Sam1 Royal Marines Commando - Moderator

.....or ten

5. AdamG

AdamG New Member

Seriously though I hope it's easy to score with the birds over there. Anyway, one step at a time. Pass PRMC, then your into RT and Exeter is just a bonus :laugh:

6. Sam1

Sam1 Royal Marines Commando - Moderator

:D

A marine on my RMAD said girls go to exeter just for the marines, and if you tell them what week in RT your in, they will be able to tell you what phys you do every day haha.

7. ZZ

ZZ New Member

*text deleted* you can try and go to every one of them places befor RT but im sure recruits have been banned from a few pubs and clubs.. but worth a try none the less *text deleted*.

8. MrSkippy

MrSkippy New Member

How far away is the uni from town, and what clubs do the students go to...

Thats all i need to know :biggrin:

9. HHHNNN

HHHNNN Member

in chris terrils book, it sais that nods are banned from exeter.......they must go to exmouth *text deleted*

10. gedro

gedro New Member

Apparently nods arn't allowed in exmouth as its where most of the marines live who are at lympstone.

11. HHHNNN

HHHNNN Member

ahhh yes ive just checked i got it the wrong way round oops

12. THE ISH

THE ISH New Member

Lads ! take my word for it exeter is *text deleted**text deleted*!! you cant get in anyplace and even if you do theres trouble everywhere you go,

they hate Marines simple as that, the only birds you can trap off with is birds who know more about nod training than the nod.

if you like fighting chaves and *text deleted* the local bikes then dig out fellas, dig out.

I also might have been to the blue door number 4!! end of dit..............

13. lharlowl

lharlowl New Member

That sounds pretty good to me, won't be looking for any new mates in the town so doesn't matter if they all hate marines, plus a few chavs to fight is always a bonus. And wont be looking for a long term partner either, so it don't matter how dirty the birds are *text deleted*

14. dj1uk3

dj1uk3 New Member

i bet the birds in Exeter are ruined.

Tough luck lads, it looks like we are'nt welcome in Exeter, i guess we are going to just have to buy a crate of carling and sit down the park all night, anyone care to join me?

15. Gixer600Dan

Gixer600Dan New Member

Aye. Will join you son...ill bring guiness too.

16. spartan

spartan New Member

i might just come too:blink1:

17. v3locity

v3locity New Member

haha well may as well count me in!

18. F.M.J

F.M.J New Member

yup! if EYE pass an EYE exam and get maself into RT il join ya! *text deleted*... aint that what chavs do though, sit in the park all night drinkin outa cans? *text deleted* and *text deleted* on people, how you lot so desperate to shag a girl? *text deleted* i never gave exeter girls 1 thought! i will be waiting for RT to finish and going home and putting my gf through HELL! *text deleted* but while im in RT the Pope will be getting more than me! *text deleted*

19. Matt B

Matt B Royal Marines Commando

Just to let you know there are a lot lot more than 7 pubs, there's more than that in the main high street alone.

Also there are 4 KFC's, 1 McDonalds, 1 Burger King, 1 Pizza Hut, 1 Pizza King and about 350 Kebab houses!

Just don't advertise the fact you are a nod mate.

There can be a lot of trouble, but it's easy to avoid, just don't get involved, and its mostly after all the pubs have kicked out and the streets are packed.

20. Blanio

Blanio Member

I've heard alot of clubs / pubs don't allow squadies in...but how do they know you're a squadie?!

I suppose the big give away would be when you go as a big group of like 50 *text deleted*, but surely it would just make sense to go in small groups?