What is the 'Selection Interview Final Update'?

ouY vs You

Reaction score
After passing my selection Interview and getting a date for ROP, I have been invited to do a 'Ratings Selection Interview - Final Update'. (Conducted on phone)
Although I'm not sure if this is another formal interview for selection, or just an update to tell me about ROP since I'm booked in.
Does anyone know about or has done one of these?
Thanks

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
This is what it sounds like - an update - it is not a formal interview. Your AFCO may well recap form your initial interview to make sure nothing has changed, in your personal circumstances, and also ask you about you current phys levels, and also make sure you are happy in all respects and still want to join up as a Royal Marine, quite a few say they really did not want join when at CTC , rather than admitting it was maybe a bit hard, or simply not what they thought it would be, this update is quite often conducted at the same time as what is known as your pre-entry brief where your kit list and documentation will be gone through.

ouY vs You

Reaction score
That sounds about right. Well I hope so, as I've just bought a new iron and shoe polish haha.
Yep, I have received all my kit list and documents to go with it.
And I'm keeping up to date anyways with Current affairs, Interview questions, VC winners, RM units, equipment, vehicles etc. For when im Interviewed(I'm guessing I will be at ROP).

Thanks pal!

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
There is not another formal interview in the process - anywhere.!!.

New Threads