What Motivates you while training?

iWright

Reaction score
Just wondering what keep's you guys motivated while you Train

Utopia

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Main thought: If I don't push myself and fight for what I want, I'll never achieve it. Anything worth having only comes through fighting tooth and nail for it, be it fitness, a girl, a skill, saving money, loosing weight, spending more time with family. Everything must be fought for and have effort put into it. With no effort comes no results.

Or I just swear at myself, loudly, endlessly.....that works too.

PRMBenjey1993

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Come on you *text deleted**text deleted** *text deleted**text deleted*ing piece of *text deleted**text deleted*ing *text deleted**text deleted* it's only 400 more meters!

Mod edit: Whilst we can all appreciate being in that moment, we'd prefer it if you didn't swear in the forum. Thanks.

Grimmey

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds familiar, horribly it's usually repeated 400m later as well; and then again, and again. Painful...:sick:
and another 400m as you slowly realise you passed your house 1200m ago?:biggrin:

For me the biggest motivation is just simply that others have been able to do it so it must not be impossible.

A tip i've used constantly with long runs espcially when i come to a big hill or incline is ill say to myself "come on just get to the top of the hill and you can give up". Then carrying on as i realise the hard part is over.:rock:

MacheteMeetsBiscuit

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Just think "make it to that next tree/lamppost and you can slow down" then get there and say "actually just 1 more".

Or there's Mack from Future Weapons' saying "Not dead, can't quit!"

Unfortunately I use both these mottos when it comes to eating as well, which can be inconvenient!

JMW123

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
If something is easy to do, then it is not worth doing.

Garethr123

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
^Genius^

However running like a tripod can proove pretty akward!

Jbc

Royal Marines Commando -Moderator
Reaction score
Being Harder, Faster, and Stronger for Longer than you!

Being the best role-model to my son.

S

stokey_14

Improvement motivates me.

Weather it?s a new PB on the deadlift, doing a workout faster than last time, beating a mate at something or even noticing improvement in my physique, seeing that drives me on and makes me want to do more.

I?m a all or nothing guy and find training addictive, the more I do the more I want to do it.

It?s always good to have long term and short term goals as well. For me getting in the RM is my long term goal. However short term I want to cut up for my holiday (vanity) and hit a 100 Kg Clean and press. Neither of these things will particularly help my long term goal directly but the keep me busting my gut 1-2 times a day 6 days a week and eating the right stuff.

Stokey

alfaholic

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Motivated??

I'm absolutely ridiculously obsessed!

Motivated would be a downgrade