What Scares you the most about RT ?

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
We all know what type of things to expect in rt especially if you've seen commando on the front line .

But what scares you ?

I know some of the bigger guys don't like the idea of the tunnels..

On the adverts it makes the tunnels look *text deleted**text deleted* scary when you see that lad nearly drowning but in reality they don't look too bad.

I've never been a big fan of heights but the death slide looks really fun //

One of the things that worries me is that massive yomp they do where they're not told how long or how far they're *text deleted* go.

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
nothing's scary if you've got the right attitude which is what the officers look for in a marine. if you see a challenge up ahead go in 100% and attack the *text deleted**text deleted**text deleted**!

MT6690

Reaction score
my biggest worry is not anything to do with running, but the assult courses...when i was in cadets i always *text deleted**text deleted*ed up on them, and have seen som people fall from big hights..just sticks in the back of my mind. but when im there i wont care, 110%.

MT

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Nothing Scares me about RT.. I Keep a positive mind all the time and try and be confident!.. Nothing worser than being scared of something... Its like going into a fight being scared of the person your just about to have a fight with, You have no chance really!..

Sam

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The only scary thing about RT for me is the potential for injury but if it's going to happen, it will happen, just hav to not think about it.

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Injury probably, if you worry about things though there prone to happen so just go open minded and crack on with it.

D

Deleted

The thing that worries me most is failing at a certain aspect of it more than anything, like getting all that way (passing the PRMC/POC is an achievement in itself), only to have done it for nothing. I've not got a head for heights but that's something which I am looking to overcome (going up Mt. Snowdon and Ben Nevis).

Im hoping that nothing will scare me, I am determined that nothing will scare me when my turn comes. I am not joining to be scared and fail. I am joining to achieve.

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I've not got a head for heights but that's something which I am looking to overcome (going up Mt. Snowdon and Ben Nevis).

going up Mt. Snowdon and Ben Nevis wont help your head for hights mate, Its just a mountain, Going up blackpool tower might or going on a rollercoaster, I Live in the lake district and im surrounded in mountains but they dont seem to be very scary just starts off very gradual then builds up, Wouldn't help you get you over your fear mate..

Sam

D

Deleted

Its not going to do any harm. I think I'm just scared of falling *text deleted*.

Trademark

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
EVERYTHING! *text deleted*
nah only thing im worried about is the inspections o *text deleted* kit i just know i be the first to *text deleted**k up *text deleted*

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Having a shower with 40 other blokes next me might be kinda scary!

THE ISH

Reaction score
Nothing Scares me about RT.. I Keep a positive mind all the time and try and be confident!.. Nothing worser than being scared of something... Its like going into a fight being scared of the person your just about to have a fight with, You have no chance really!..

Sam

Tend to disagree with you there young wise one! *text deleted*

everybody is scared of something its a natural feeling, its how you choose to deal wth it,

you can channel it in a positive manner and use it to youre advantage which in turn will help you overcome most things, or you can choose to let it beat you and be scared of for the rest of youre life,

me personally i dont like confined spaces and before i ever did the endurance course i was *text deleted**text deleted*ting myself about the the tunnels but i wasnt *text deleted* let them beat me

and sure enough i got through them and its always the same nothing is ever as bad as you think as long as you want to over come it.

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
If your scared of something you can't force yourself not to be scared. The thing that will set you apart from other men is facing your fear! As it says on the marine website, fear is a tool (I think).

The main thing that would scare me on RT is lack of sleep! I'm used too a good 8 - 9 hours a day. :laugh:

But for the green lid it's worth it.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
the first time i do the tarzan course, i have a fear of falling btu once have done something once i know i can do it again so it wont bother me.

and i agree with the comment above, you can force fear out of you. i've done it befor and its really strange to not give a *text deleted**text deleted*, its all about controlling your breathing mostly but its really bloody hard to do when all your thinking in your head is SH*T!

also im a bti scared of the speed marches, i have never done a long distance speed march in boots with Royal Marines befor even though i been in cadets, i just find it really weird running in boots, doesn't feel right.

Boataimer

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
scared of leaving this behind for 32 weeks!! shes my baby *text deleted*

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Oh my word, thats a beaut that mate

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S What scares you most? POC Section 4