what should i do?

gingman1992

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
im 16 and still at school.I finish in may of next year but recently rang my afco and got a application form. I was woundering if it would be ok to send off my application now as i may be able to get my eye test and medical out of the way. Buthow long would it be untill i have to do my PJFT and then how long after that untill PRMC.Commments will be much appreciated:bigsmile:

Jennings92

Reaction score
Im still at school, i handed my application in and passed my physcametric test today and have my interview soon, if you phone your AFCO up they can get it all sorted for you.

EDIT: i think PRMC wil be around march, we could be on the same one :)

gingman1992

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
thanks. IF i pass my prmc how long will it be before i go back for the 32 weeks?

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
All depends how quickly you want to go back and the amount of spaces on the training schedules.

Gixer600Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I would go to college or something like that and get something under your belt first. You dont want to drop out of training for some reason and not have anything to fall back on do you? Plus 2 years more life experiance makes alot of difference. When i was 15 and a half i passed all of my phyco tests but decided to go college first. I made the right decision as i have gained much more experiance and maturity and am finally goin on my PRMC next month. So how long does application take...for me...near enough 3 years. With alot of setbacks in between.

Hope this helps,
Dan.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
I agree with DAN.

Get some life experience first, get out and understand the big wide world. Then join up, it will increase your chances in coping with the regime training provides and help you adapt when you leave the forces.

New Threads