What speed to do!

Nathaniel191

Reaction score
Alright lads,
Ive got my pjft on saturday but i HATE tredmills with passion! Ive always ran on the roads and i find it hard to work out if im actually going quickly on a mill cause it seems like I am when im not. Anyone know what kinda speed im *text deleted* need it on the pjft?
If so then thanks alot!

Geef

Reaction score
I worked it out that to complete the first part, you'd need the treadmill to be set to any speed quicker than 11.6 kmh, the second part needs to be quicker than 13.8 kmh.

Gareth

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yeh you need to go faster than 14kph when doing the second part of the 3 miler to get a decent time. Thats the speed i started at when i did my PJFT but that was many months ago because i did the old one.

Feza685

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
when i came todo my pjft i had beeing practising the tredmill rum in mphso when i got there a didnt have a clue. the first run i had it at 12.5 kmph then uped it to 13 for lask 0.5 km. the second run a started at 13 then uped it every minut the for las 0.4 km when all owt at 23kmph max speed on tredmill. originally i thort that the max speed was only 18 kmph untill the tredmillwent faster than that *text deleted*

Reaction score
Running at 12.1kph and 14.5kph will give you a comfortable margin, allowing for time for the treadmill to speed up and slow down