what times should i be completing my runs in?

bouch

Reaction score
alright lads, I am just in preperation for my prmc, but do not have a date for it yet, I am going to a royal marines aquaintance day at birmingham on the 22nd which I am told is like a mini prmc, this is for evidence of my fitness 2 send me on my prmc because while i passed my pjft i only did the 1.5 miler in 9.39 which my recruiting officer said was probably not good enough, I am running my mile and a half on the treadmill in 9.16 now after more training and 3 miler in 20.17 and I have alot of grit and determination before I planned on joining the royal marines my fitness was very poor and I have improved drastically but will this be enough to pass my prmc in your opinion? I can also do 51 marine press ups, 82 marine sit ups (inside 2 mins) and 8 marine pull ups. post back please!

smallzy

Reaction score
i'd think that's more than enough. maybe try and squeeze out an extra 5 push ups to make sure you get maximum points at prmc tho. running time seems pretty good.

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
elo mate,

run 7 mins per mile and youl be fine but if i was you i would try and get 6 to 6mins each mile this way you will be alot more fitter

good luck:bigsmile:

Matty72

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Your upper body strength is very good and your running could do with improvements.
Exactly the opposite of me.
I can run 1.5 miles in 7.5 mins
But my press ups and pull ups need drastic improvements
Keep it going mate.
Hope u Potential marine test goes well
:)

C

critchmufc

when i went running the other day, i was planning to do the 1.5mile at 12.30 pace, but when i had like 200m to go i was on 8.15, whihc i was surprised about, but i was *text deleted**text deleted*ed and only finished it in 9.32

ill beat that next time, im determined for that sub 9 minute