What to do now?

shady

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I've wanted to do this all my life to join up, but a couple days ago I had an accident on my bike. I was training getting fit and ready, really working away don't know how it happened but I crashed and ended up in hospital. Anyway i've rellay damaged alot it'll all heal but i have only a 40 % chance of retaining sight in my right eye. If it does go i can't see as i have huge sweeling over my eye right now and pus is comming out every now and again but when i can open it. What if i've lost my sight it's only one eye can i join and can't do anything else this is all i've ever wanted. Please help I am otherwise perfectly fit I'll have a couple scars and i'll take awhile to get everything back up to speed but if i do lose my sight can i still join?

*text deleted* learn from me wear a helment seriosuly don't care how stupid it looks jsut do it or u'll regret it one day.

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i honestly dont know what to say mate but ask ninja.

and i wish you a speedy recovery, mate i really do.

CJ

caf20012

Reaction score
First things first mate. Hope your eye turns out ok. You really cant tell how bad your eyes going to be until the swelling goes down. Don't worry about the pus and everything. Just worry about the eye ball itself.

I think it depends how badly your eye is and how much vision you've lost if any and if so can it be corrected with laser eye surgery

But seriously hope you get better.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I've wanted to do this all my life to join up, but a couple days ago I had an accident on my bike. I was training getting fit and ready, really working away don't know how it happened but I crashed and ended up in hospital. Anyway i've rellay damaged alot it'll all heal but i have only a 40 % chance of retaining sight in my right eye. If it does go i can't see as i have huge sweeling over my eye right now and pus is comming out every now and again but when i can open it. What if i've lost my sight it's only one eye can i join and can't do anything else this is all i've ever wanted. Please help I am otherwise perfectly fit I'll have a couple scars and i'll take awhile to get everything back up to speed but if i do lose my sight can i still join?

*text deleted* learn from me wear a helment seriosuly don't care how stupid it looks jsut do it or u'll regret it one day.

Ouchie!

First off, welcome to the site Shady. Glad you're still alive, as indeed your family must be.

First things first, Lofty:

1. Get better.

2. Worry about joining-up once you are better - seriously.

3. When you're 100% recovered & free from treatment, then investigate the employment avenues open to you.

Get well soon fella.

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
mate, thats terrible news i really hope you get better and earn that green beret

shady

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies I think i knew the answer, I've been looking up the internet all day as if it would change the answer. I never realized how bad it would be with one eye. Doctor said i would adjust to it and said not to give up hope but to prepare for the worst. I hit the ground face first and got stones in it while i scrapped along but they said it was the knock on the head above the eye which would likely cause there saying all this stuff like detached retina and stuff. Also the cheek bones and they said delicate bones around there are likely broken i have loads z- rays soon but there doing them one part at a time. i sent 30 mins with metal at my balls 6 feet above the ground hurting like *text deleted**" while they but this wee box over my legs. But av glad am home but only cause the hostipal is out of space *text deleted* just been bored n the internet all day shouting for more painkillers and my granddad coming over and saying it's not that bad *text deleted*

*text deleted* i was training on my bike a cycling one u can't really train a motorbike. Funny thing was i was goign to get a passport photo for my provisional that day.

And thanks for the warm welcome and sympathy sry for getting straight to the point

tcsmith88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
First thing's first, welcome to the site, matey. Sorry to hear about your unfortunate accident. I know it's easy for me to say because you must be feeling pretty down about the whole thing, but whilst your healing which is the most important thing you should be worrying about at the moment. Just bare this particular part of the Marines ethos in mind... "Cheerfulness in the face of adversity" (=

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
welcome to the site mate! and jeese! sorry to hear about the accident! made me cringe slightly when you described it! (and im the one who likes to eat people!) *text deleted* hope your eye gets better mate! *text deleted* had deafness in my ear before and i couldnt stand it! so i can imagine how difficult that will be! just dont forget your dream! it will all come together soon!