What to eat?

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I was just wondering what to eat as I am eating unhealthy stuff but don't put on any weight at all so I end up eating crap basically.

Here is a list of things to eat during a day, tell me if this sounds good and appropriate please.

Breakfast - Bowl of 3 weetabix with a glass of orange juice followed by a banana.

Lunch - Chicken with a sandwhich and just a bar of chocolate for energy

Dinner - Fish with vegetables and salad. Then soon after dinner at about 8 o'clock have something like a bag of nuts or healthy yoghurt.

obviously I will change the foods daily but thats roughly what I was thinking to eat. If anyone has anything better because Im sure you can beat that because I dont have a clue what to eat which gives you more energy and easy muscle build. And you would have more than that to eat but thats just the three main courses of the day. But any better suggestions :eek:h:

Please help me out lads?

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I have the same problem I think you should be eating every 2-3 hours im not sure though:dontaskme:

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I posted a thread titled 'My Diet' in the training and diet secion. Was a couple of weeks ago but you might want to check it out. I designed it to lose a bit of weight so you can eat a bit more than whats on there/ It's 6 meals a day, low fat and maintains energy levels for training. Have a look mate

Priar

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Proudtobebritish, that's a very healthy meal plan, but if you're training 1 or 2 times a day I don't think it's going to provide enough calories to allow you to maintain/gain weight.

Things to bear in mind, the average male should be consuming around 2500 calories a day.
When training, you should be consuming about 3500 calories a day.

Your body requires carbohydrates to give you the energy (calories) required to train.
Your body requires protein to help repair and rebuild the muscles used.

Try not to get your calories from Chocolate or sweet drinks such as coke as this is mainly saturated fat.

1gram of protein = 4 calories
1gram of carbs = 4 calories
1gram of fat = 8 calories

Olive oil, sunflower spread, nuts etc are all good fats.

Take a look at my meal plan for a hardgainer further down the forum if you want to gain weight.

Hope that helps

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Foods

The best thing to do is eat your 5 pieces of fruit a day (pure juices are fine, smoothies even better), and stuff yourself all day with pastas, chicken, tuna, rice, potato and vegetables.

Its better to have a good breakfast and a good tea and eat little and often all through the day, this way during the day your body doesn't have to do any major digesting and you have a constant base of energy. These foods are also perfect for building weight in all the right places.

However this is all providing that you are constantly moving and exercising all day. preferably with a good 3-5 mile run just before tea.

A good general rule of thumb is that the more different colours (natural) you have in your food the healthier it is.

A fantastic fruit is the avocado, personally I don't eat it *text deleted* its sick as fu*k, but its jam packed with calories, vitamins, potassium (60% more than a banana), protein and has a high amount of monounsaturated fat.

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Stay away from carbs after 9pm and try get a nice ammount of veg + meat in your diet. A few good snacky foods are Protein drinks, Quark, Sugar free Jelly and Tuna.