What to wear?

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* got my psycometric on the 8th December but I dont know what to wear.

Sorry if this has been asked before but can some lads who have done it tell me what is best to wear?

Callum

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I asked at the AFCO and they told me not to bother dressing up smart for the RT test, so I just went in civvy gear.

C

cujo

i went in suit trousers, smart shoes & a shirt, most of us were in smart stuff only a few came in civy, its always good to make a good 1st impression, it wern't hurt and if you turn up and others are in smart stuuf apart from you you will feel stupid *text deleted*. have to say though 2 guys came in dressed in jeans & hoodies they stole from JD and they didnt pass! they wont fail you for what your wearing but you dont want them thinking your a scruff

Death-Oar-Glory

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Keep into consideration this is your first formal hurdle on the way to becoming a Royal Marine, I went in smart jeans (no tears or patches), a smartish shirt, and a suit jacket, with formal shoes. I was leaning towards the smart side of smart casual, and I'd advise anyone else to do the same.

JMH

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I wore suit trousers, smart black shoes and a shirt and tie. Me and a couple of others wore that and a few others were wearing suits, but everyone dressed smartly and we all got complimented for looking very smart.

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
im just *text deleted* wear a shirt, smart jeans and smart shoes.

Il have to buy a suit for my interview then *text deleted* or borrow one off my dad.

aethefox

Reaction score
i wore a shirt tie and trousers to all the afco meetings, better to overdo do it than underdress.

New Threads