What training to do whilst injured?

Dodger

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well i am still suffering from shin splints but i can't just sit about and rest, not only because of my application but because I am a rugby player also. So what do people rekon i should do?

I asked physio about cycling but she wasn't to keen on that idea. obviously there is upper body work i can be doing but it feels wierd not doing any lower body work in the gym etc.
Anyone else tell me what they did whilst getting through shin splints?

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hiya Dodger :D

I'd say swimming for around 60mins each session or pool runs should do the trick for you ... low impact but great for building stamina & strengthening your muscles!

Dodger

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
cheers for the advice fella, am just so bored sat around doin nothing!

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yep I can feel shin splints starting to come so I've eased off the running and I'm *text deleted* do swimming for a while as I should have my PJFT soon want to be all good for then!! And oh yeah DO NOT USE K-SWISS TRAINERS like me!! I'm a retard and I'm *text deleted* get myself injured but have no money my parent are at the stage where *text deleted* older enough to work so go work... Damn it... Hope u recover soon mate

matt

Reaction score
Swimming is definately the best option; I had shin splints a while back, so I dropped the running from my training completely, and went to the pool 5 days a week. I worked my nuts off in the pool mixing up sprints with distance sets - when I went back to running about 2 weeks later, my times had actually improved!!

My advice: download a swim training programme from the internet and follow it - keeps you motivated and on track.

Happy training.

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yep I can feel shin splints starting to come so I've eased off the running and I'm *text deleted* do swimming for a while as I should have my PJFT soon want to be all good for then!! And oh yeah DO NOT USE K-SWISS TRAINERS like me!! I'm a retard and I'm *text deleted* get myself injured but have no money my parent are at the stage where *text deleted* older enough to work so go work... Damn it... Hope u recover soon mate

A nice pair of white Nike Air Force ones do the trick.

Gaz the "Taff"

Reaction score
OOOOH! i went to the Gym yesterday then went to work, did some boxing at night. Woke up this morning,(acheing :P) went to work then the Gym. My Knees are Hurting like *text deleted**text deleted*, so im giving the hard running a rest for a little bit....how do i keep up my fitnes without the hard running? cheers fellas :)