What would you lads do?

Knockton

Reaction score
Basically the royal marines has been my dream for around three years, but about as soon as i actually applied i got injured and had to put the application in hold, about two months on i've now found out i've torn my knee cartalidge, basically at the moment i can just about run, and i rekon i can get myself back up to the running standard required to pass PRMC, but i dont know wether my knee would actually hold up in RT or even manage to hold up on the assault course or any other part of PRMC!

Well long story short, guys who've been on the prmc would you recommend going for it if you're not 100% sure you wont just injure yourself, because im going have to make a decision to put it off for a while and do something else or just go for it.

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Mate it sounds like your not 100% ready. Dont go to the PRMC if you will only worrie about damaging your leg because it is not worth it. If i was you i would see a proffetional and they could give you an exact date when your fit to exercise your leg..
Good luck mate.

Knockton

Reaction score
yea i suppose i'm just very impatient at the moment as ive had this injury for a while and just want the *text deleted**text deleted*ing thing fixed.

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
yeh id agree... Even tho its UBER frustrating theres no point in going when you think your ok only to damage your knee worse and send you back to square one!

thus, my wee lasses making you wait longer.

SamForrest

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Im currently 2 weeks into recovering from an opperation i had done on both shins. Trust me....dont push it!

I applied over a year ago, went for PRMC,had to cancel due to shin splints. I waited a few months and applied again, telling my AFCO that i was 100% fully healed even though i still had some slight problems. I thought i was a good 80% better and that in the time it would take me to apply and do my medical,eye test again i would have got better.

Well, i went on a PRMC in Aug, passed. But came away in pieces,in terms of my injury. I knew that not only would i probably not last long in RT as i was, i probably wouldnt even get there at this rate.

Saw a speicalist, and was told i had MTSS,a medical term for what is normally called Shin Splints. Had this opp,and im now facing a long recovery process,plus quite possibly having to wait 6-12months before i can be cleared ready to apply again.

After all that ball busting getting ready for a PRMC, for the 2nd time! For what..... Nothing! All because i thought it was slightly better, and 'probably' would have healed in time.

Dont chance it mate. I had people telling me 6 months ago when i applied again,to wait. Wait until i was fully healed, not just partially. But me being the knobber i am, thought i knew what i was capable off so assume in a couple of months running up to PRMC i would have been fine!

Rest,get the propper treatment and advice needed. Then when you are finnaly ready crack on with it.

Ive learned the Corp isnt going anywhere, but i am. So id rather not waste years of my life taking 1 step forward and 2 back all the time! Heal up, do it right first time. Then give it the big one!