whats best to eat after a run

Ben-wales

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
like me know, just got back from a 8 mile run and feel the need to have somthing! what should i have to work well with my body?

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I normally have a banana or some sort of fruit. dont know if its the best though.

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
carbohydrates to refill all the energy levels you would have used- things such as pasta, spaghetti, potatoes, bread along them kind of lines- noodles are a good source of carbs- but not pot noodle! laugh out loud

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
small glass of chocolate milkshake to give me a bit of energy, then fruit and maybe a bacon sarnie!

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Two pints of guiness and a bag of chips according to Andy Mcnab.

I would say chicken and pasta but I'm by no means an expert.

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Lucozade!! Replenish your lost energy ;)

Ben-wales

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ok got a few there, i was thinking more, pasta, chicken, potatoes, cerial - wheat-a-bix

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Just found out recently that the fizzy orange bottles of lucozade had 58% of your recommended daily amount of sugar :eek:

yeh i stay away from them, i used to use the powder as well.

Has anyone tried those ridiculous sized energy drinks that are in beer cans *text deleted* (laugh out loud F.M.J!!) They are called Monster, Relentless, Inferno etc

i had about 4 the other day while i was at work and i was buzzing my tits off!

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
chocolate beer, strawberry chicken, vanilla sweetcorn, corned beef phone, all good after training,

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
if your on a long distance run i would suggest a bannana 30 mins before. Then after the run some pasta if your still *text deleted* train after your run maybe some chicken with it..

SamForrest

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Have some quick release carbs,so lucazade etc. Then have something a bit more substantial,bowl of porridge. Pasta,large carb based meal.

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hold on, what the f'uck is everyone talking about?

Before sports - Energy needed (Carbs - Pasta, Rice, Bread.. keep it brown)
After sports - Recovery needed (Protein - chicken tits, lean steak, turkey)

Keep away from bacon, pork, any kind of red meat like that. Chicken and Turkey is the best meat in the world, so lean and full of protein. Go bear grylls style, eat an eyeball from a deer or moose, or maybe eat a stag beetle - full of the protein you need.

Yes you do need carbs after sports but not too much, only if you intend to train later during the day. keep away from redbull, fizzy lucozade.

Beer seems to be a good way of getting the gut back, bet many of you won't be reading this due to that :laugh: Hope your all enjoying yourselfs!

Ben-wales

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well, should i be drinking lots of it after a run? or just a pint or so?

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well, should i be drinking lots of it after a run? or just a pint or so?

Well you should drink little and often before and during training, but *text deleted**text deleted* loads after training.