Whats better. Terrain or Tredmill?

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Theres allways two sides.. But after going for a run on the streets i found it so much easier. The miss's gave me a website she goes on and you can make your own route from your house with markers. Its a satelite image from were you want it. I felt more determined in finishing and with the tredmill im mostly holding onto the bars. I allso scratched neally 2 mins off my time

Heres the website www.goodrunguide.co.uk
"you have to make an account but its worth it!"

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Outside/terrains anyday.

Somebody who's only ran on treadmills will most likely not get the same times outside, especially due to the wind/different terrain types and the varying gradiants

Another site like the one you listed is mapmyrun.co.uk which I found on here, very good site- you don't have to sign up either.(For the lazy ones)

tcsmith88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Definitley terrain. I *text deleted**text deleted*ing hate Treadmills. Only CV I like inside a gym is the Bike and Rower.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
You're only advised to practice running on a treadmill in order to pass your PJFT. The vast majority of your runs should be outdoors.

PRMBenjey1993

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I really hate treadmill running aswell mate, I do SO much better on the track, it should be outside for the PJFT is what I think.

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
terrain definitely. Mate don't use goodrunguide, i used it and compared the route with another website and it was way off.

Try www.walkjogwrun.co.uk

John_Lar

Reaction score
I'd say if your in training I'd go for an outside run as it works on your stabilisers more due to getting blown around by the wind and the uneven terrain.

I also find it's more motivating too, as your actually going somewhere!

Exefokker

Reaction score
hmm....treadmill is good to initially get *text deleted* cadio up on , and also if your recovering from an injury ,as if u pull a muscle or ligament *text deleted* wont be 4 miles from home ! bar that tho id deffinatly say outdoors - the Garmin Forerunner 101 or 201 is great for measuring *text deleted* distances AND *text deleted* pace, i got one for 50£ off ebay and it makes *text deleted* outdoor run much much more satisfying

:bud:

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
i like outside too, more stuff to look at to take your mind of things.

Latest posts

New Threads