What's life like when you're not training?

smallzy

Reaction score
So you go down to RT and I can imagine it's pretty hectic the first few weeks. But once you're settled in you get a bit of time off in your barracks right? And whats it like at the weekend? Does a week in the marines consist of 7 days or 5 days? I'd like to maybe go out on the town at the weekend, maybe have a drink, but I take it that's not allowed?

Just that i've even heard stories of football firms coming down to that area to fight recruits at the weekends *text deleted*, whereas training seems to be really strict and disicplined, so I don't quite know what to believe.

Anyone have an idea?

andy5sm

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
you work monday through to sat mid day but not allowed out on the first week then your allowed out longer as you progress through training!

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
you work monday through to sat mid day but not allowed out on the first week then your allowed out longer as you progress through training!
Can you get your weekend pass revoked for f'in something up?
Or is that just an American thing?

Joe

smallzy

Reaction score
Can you get your weekend pass revoked for f'in something up?
Or is that just an American thing?

Joe

haha i remember that in band of brothers with that *text deleted**text deleted** captain sobel.

andy5sm

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yes you can and if your ever late back then your seriously in the sh it because they put you on dirty recruit or poor admin routine which means inspections for yourself at stupid times ie 3am on the dril square trust me i no!!!

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
haha i remember that in band of brothers with that *text deleted**text deleted** captain sobel.
Yeah that's where I got it from,
I bloody love band of brothers,
there's not enough programs like that about British troops though :sad2:.

Joe

smallzy

Reaction score
Yeah that's where I got it from,
I bloody love band of brothers,
there's not enough programs like that about British troops though :sad2:.

Joe
nope, i can't think of any ww2 movies on the brits, apart from a few older ones.

by the way the makers of band of brothers are making a new series called the pacific. should be just as good:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374463/

Macca

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Life down at ctc is a laugh when not training, get to have good bonding time with the lads, during t he weekend you get to go into town and have a few drinks etc but you do get told not to get pissed in a sarcastic tone from the cpl though you can get in abit of trouble if you arrive back on camp absoloutley smashed! i got lucky once as i got quite trollied on a saturday night and don't even remember reporting back to the guard room wich your supposed to do when coming back from ashore!! *text deleted* though sometimes not everyone goes ashore instead they stay on camp and have a mess about, some catch up with some sleep some ask the troop PTI if they can use the stone gym or some just chill out in their grots

smallzy

Reaction score
Life down at ctc is a laugh when not training, get to have good bonding time with the lads, during t he weekend you get to go into town and have a few drinks etc but you do get told not to get pissed in a sarcastic tone from the cpl though you can get in abit of trouble if you arrive back on camp absoloutley smashed! i got lucky once as i got quite trollied on a saturday night and don't even remember reporting back to the guard room wich your supposed to do when coming back from ashore!! *text deleted* though sometimes not everyone goes ashore instead they stay on camp and have a mess about, some catch up with some sleep some ask the troop PTI if they can use the stone gym or some just chill out in their grots
sounds good

though whats the vagina situation like down there?

Macca

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Haha I was waiting for someone to mention something in that topic, I was a good lad as I'm in a happy relationship but for the other lads it seemed good enough, plus if you take a trip to the purple door and pay 40 quid then its a good night for you *text deleted*, alot of lads did that