Whats the best and quickest way to quit smokin??

Dougall369

Reaction score
Its kinda irrelevant which is why its in this category but i *text deleted* stop?? Anyone who used to smoke tell me what helped them quite?? Thanks for your time

PaddyTheManc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Its kinda irrelevant which is why its in this category but i *text deleted* stop?? Anyone who used to smoke tell me what helped them quite?? Thanks for your time

Find something to chew on and go cold turkey, its not *text deleted* kill you no matter how *text deleted**text deleted* you feel so just try to remember that and power through.

Dougall369

Reaction score
Find something to chew on and go cold turkey, its not *text deleted* kill you no matter how *text deleted**text deleted* you feel so just try to remember that and power through.

yeah, its what ive been trying, defo isnt what id call easy though *text deleted*!!

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Dougall good to see ya!

Put nicotine patches over your eyes so you can't find your fags. Hope this helps buddy *text deleted*

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score

Put nicotine patches over your eyes so you can't find your fags. Hope this helps buddy *text deleted*

hahaha, classic.

But I'd say just go cold turkey and just use your will power.

Dougall369

Reaction score

ahhh heya, saw ya bulletin on youtube mate, thought id check it out

*text deleted* yer will do!!

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just stop, if you can go for three days without one, you dont need it, if you find that you smoke through having nothing to do, keep yourself occupied, do chores around the house and keep things tidy... just dont get addicted to tidying, *text deleted*.

PaddyTheManc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just stop, if you can go for three days without one, you dont need it, if you find that you smoke through having nothing to do, keep yourself occupied, do chores around the house and keep things tidy... just dont get addicted to tidying, *text deleted*.

Would that not be useful prior to RT? :0

Dougall369

Reaction score

dont get addicted to tidying, *text deleted*

got it, ill try mi hardest!!

is it 3 days, kk, ill go for it, so far im on about 6 or 7 hours!! thats alot of tidying

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
dont get addicted to tidying, *text deleted*

got it, ill try mi hardest!!

is it 3 days, kk, ill go for it, so far im on about 6 or 7 hours!! thats alot of tidying

make sure you trash your house first.

Basically just spend 3 days w@nking to keep you occupied :blink:

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
would it not get a bit sore after 72 hours?

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted*, i like the way this conversations going :)

*text deleted*, yeh that happens on here a lot! There are some classic threads on here that i laugh at whenever i read them. I look them up every now and then when i'm bored *text deleted*.

panzergrenadier

Reaction score

My advice is to keep smoking. it has been scientifically proven to make u 25 times cooler than non smokers. sh1t son clint eastwood smokes what more proof do you need.

JDMSAM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ive Quit mate, not messing best way is to cut down to just smoking when having a drink or out with ya boys n then just cut it out totaly. Workd for me, 20 a day since i was about 14 im 19 now n smoke free, I warn ya ul hate the smell of smokers when you do

Nick Best

Reaction score
The Easy Way

I Bought a book called ''The Easy Way'' by Allan Carr (not the homo with the screeching voice) worked for me took me 2 days to stop and you can smoke whilst doing it. I stopped on the 8th of May this year and dont feel any cravings at all. It was recommended by my Doctor. Well worth the £7.99!

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score

Personally i went cold turkey and avoided drinking as my willpower drops like a rock when drunk and avoided places where smokers would be. Was extremely difficult for the first two months but once i saw how dramatically my cardio fitness was improving i just stuck with it.

That said however i have spoken to many people that used patches and gums to help then and i really did help them, so its probably best for you to try cold turkey and if its too much to handle (no harm in admiting that point) then look at the aids that are available.

Been off them for 1 year and 6 months now and quite happy without them, although at times i do feel like i could just light up and start again quite easily.

Best of luck with it mate, i know its a dam hard habbit to kick

Ben-wales

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
go cold turky fella, ive been clean for months now, every fag you feel you need to light just think about the marines, and that one fag puts you down the pecking order each time!

think what you want to be, think royal marine! works for me