Whats your biggest weakness?

sb146564

Reaction score
One of the interview questions that I have a feeling may appear is, What is your biggest weakness?
I am struggling with a good answer for this as they don't want someone to answer, "I'm always late" or "I Just can't get motivated to do work". (Both of which are not weaknesses of mine by the way) and the cliche answer of "I'm a perfectionist" or "I work to hard" are bound to look like *text deleted**text deleted*.
One of the proposed answers I thought of would be,
"To the best of my knowledge I have no physical or mental weaknesses".
Any ideas as to what they would be looking for here please
Thanks
Ste

Geordie

Reaction score
Hello mate - in job interviews when that question has been asked I've usually answered along the lines of 'I could not give any specific weaknesses. I believe that any weaknesses I may have will hopefully be pointed out to me by my peers and managers, who will also suggest on how I can improve or eradicate them. I'd like to think that I'm adaptable enough to take these suggestions on board and do the job required of me as best as possible'

That answer has tended to be sufficient (if judged on the job being offered).

All the best

Reaction score
This question is really looking to explore your ability to self-analyse. A surprising number of people are completely incapable of doing this. If you really think hard about yourself you'll think of a few, no one is perfect at the end of the day.
I would be honest and try not to worry about it too much.

sb146564

Reaction score
okay, thankyou for everyone's replies. I know my weakness and its i'm very chatty to anybody, so in jobs such as shop work when I am supposed to be stacking shelves, I will be talking to Mr. X about the rising fuel prices! I am a barman now and the job goes well with talking so I like it there *text deleted*. But, would it be worth saying a weakness that is not actually a weakness or just tell the truth, that I never shut up?
Thankyou
Ste

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Probably that my cock always bashes agasint my knees when Im running.

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
My weakness at the moment would have to be my Upper body strength, Improving on it all the time, But is getting better everyday! Other than that everything else is ok to be honest.

S

Sotiris

Use gaffa tape. Just don't get an erection, you could kick someone.

S

Sotiris

My weakness at the moment would have to be my Upper body strength, Improving on it all the time, But is getting better everyday! Other than that everything else is ok to be honest.

Aye,

I don't think they're looking for physical weakness are they? Surely that's what the POC will determine.

I think that question if more geared towards personality or mentality.

Distant.RM.Cooper

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I would say mine is Pressups i can only reach to 25 and im worrying about it.
But im slowly improving ....

Death-Oar-Glory

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I would say mine is Pressups i can only reach to 25 and im worrying about it.
But im slowly improving ....
search for the hundred pushups thing. Seems gen, I'm starting it soon.

My biggest weakness, mentally, is probably getting motivated to do academic work. I know I could have done better in my GCSE's and AS levels, but I don't care about academic grades, as I feel they're a poor judgement of someone.

Did Da Vinci get awesome grades?:women:

Doubt it.

Royal Marines are the greatest men alive, yet the grade boundaries aren't very high, therefore, grades don't mean much. Now a Green Beret on the other hand....

Reaction score
Fellas, Can we try and keep this thread to Officer related subjects. I think that some of you are heading off on some bizarre tangents. Sotiris's last post is correct, they are not looking for physical weaknesses.
Let's keep to the point.

AdmiralAwesome

Reaction score
I think I'd have to say my biggest weakness is being a bit of a know-it-all.

I'm alot better now than I used to be, but I don't take advice very well and manage to convince myself, especially in a work situation, that I know better than the guy who's done the job for 10 years and is probably smarter than me. As of late though, I'm slowly learning to swallow my pride and listen to the voice of experience.

Rapagna

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Greatest weakness: Anger, I dont know on how many occasions ive tried killing my mates,