when 2 join the marines?

karatydude123

Reaction score
hello guys i was planning on 2 join the marines when i was 18 have a little life 1st, but then i heard the law's aparently changed and drinkings gone up 2 21 instead of 18 and i can't wait another 7 years *text deleted* 4 years is bad enough *text deleted* .so i thought i might as well join when i'm 16? if *text deleted* got nothing 2 look forward 2.or should i go 2 collage and get some qulifacations 2 fall back on if i fail becoming a marine and realize its not 4 me.....
plz help me guys :smile1::albert:

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Whatever you *text deleted* do is ultimately up to you, but don't ver just join the amrines or the army or where ever for as *text deleted**text deleted*tty a reason as getting wrecked.

that';s really immature. do what you wann do, but to *text deleted* be apart of something ppurely because it seems like a fun place t have a drinnk is a really *text deleted**text deleted* reason.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
law's changed? drinking up to 21? ... i don't think so. not yet at least. not heard anything to do with that besides some Drs sounding off. drink/drive age thing might be messed with where you can't drink ANY alcohol then drive until 21.
I reckon personally 18+ is the best time to join up. esp if you go career

Nutty_Edwards

Reaction score
:iagree:

Robbie is right ...Are you planning to join, to go on the P*text deleted**? There's no point of joinin the Royal Marines just to get drunk ... there is alot of people on here (including me) that are willin to break bones to join

And also, i don't recall anything bout the drinkin age goin up, probably just a rumour

But in my opinon, if your willing to work hard and train then go for 16 ...
But if you feel you won't get in or maybe believe you need more qualifications then go for 18

Best thing to do, is to have a meeting at the local AFCO ... that helped me in deciding wheather to join at 16 or stay on

:biggrin:

smallzy

Reaction score
id say go to college so you can learn how to spell college

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I think he meens he wants to go out and enjoy himeself with his mates a bit before he joins, but he doesn't want to wait until he's 21 to join. Karatydude you should remember that it's not the end of your social life when you join.

S

Sotiris

Go to college, get a degree.

Those extra years will serve you well. With your maturity, physically and what the AIB refer to as "life experience". Even if you're not going for YO it's all good.

Not wishing to be too judgemental but it seems you base your fun too much on your state of sobriety. Not good. But then I don't drink at all so what do I know?

With regards to your opportunity for further education, do it. You've got nothing to lose and it gives you so much more substance.

Whatever you decide, good luck.

karatydude123

Reaction score
hey thanx guys i saw the 21 thing in a shop and it said no id no sale and it meant drinks, and ye i did mean with my mates sorry *text deleted* should said it more clearly..:P ty tho

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* they've had those signs in the shops for ages I think its so people don't get offended when asked for ID

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* they've had those signs in the shops for ages I think its so people don't get offended when asked for ID

I got asked for ID on Wednesday night at the shop and I'm 21, it's weird because I've been buying beer from some shops near me since I was 15 and it's like 1) You know me, you've known me for years, why bother start asking me now? 2) I had a *text deleted**text deleted*in beard and I don't look like a teenager.