When do you get paid?

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
This is a question I havent seen posted yet but would really like to know the answer.

How soon after starting RT do you get any wages,I mean in some of us have bills that will need to paid after starting RT.Not that im a money grabber-just so i an allocate funds from my savings if we dont get paid for a coule of months or something

Anyone?

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Going back around 4 years it was

approx £60 cash first week,
£140 a in the second week

and depending on when you joined it should take you a little closer to your first pay day. If you joined just after the monthly pay cut off, you may get another supplementary payment in cash. After that it's paid monthly to your bank.

This amount is probably higher now, but it's something like that. The above is then deducted from your first pay packet.

All the best

GW

MasoN

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Do you get paid whilst in training? never really thought about that..

will

Reaction score
MasoN said:
Do you get paid whilst in training? never really thought about that..
yeh mate thts what GW is ona bout (i think)

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
You can download Rates of Pay here

You now get paid through Joint Personnel Administration (JPA) a term you will learn to know & love.

Effectively you are paid from day one, but actually get paid on the last working day of each month. You need to take about £50 spends when you first join Lympstone.

During the first week you can be be paid either £100 or £200 depending on whether or not you join in the first or last week of a pay period.

You MUST bear in mind that if you take the cash advances, it will be taken out of your first month's pay, which can be a big chunk of it.

The reason the Royal Marines are paid cash advances (and not the RN) is because of the additional kit list you have to get upon arrival. (Which is posted on a sticky in this Forum).

Edited to include the latest cash advance details.

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
GreyWing said:
Going back around 4 years it was

approx £60 cash first week,
£140 a in the second week

and depending on when you joined it should take you a little closer to your first pay day. If you joined just after the monthly pay cut off, you may get another supplementary payment in cash. After that it's paid monthly to your bank.

This amount is probably higher now, but it's something like that. The above is then deducted from your first pay packet.

All the best

GW
Ok cheers-

I was aware I wouldnt need much cash on me when im down there,I was more concerned about angry calls from the bank asking why there was no money to direct debits etc.

Thanks

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
GT,

Just re-check my previous post- I've ammended it to bring it up to date. There's no great change from what GW has already stated, but it just gives you the current practice.

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
So really if ive got my own money to spend then its better to use that than take the advances-because i will then get less later on.

thanks