When do you join?

joffy

Reaction score
So after I have applied at 15, when do you join?

Do you join after year 11 in the summer holidays or during the summer holidays?

It would just be good to get an idea of how the recruitment process works.

Thank you.

Illustrious

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Uh, it really doesn't work like that. It's not like school.

You will join at the earliest of 16 and 3 months, although if you are still in school at that point, then you will not likely be allocated a space until your GCSEs are finished.

JWJ

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
There are continuous intakes of recruits roughly every 2 weeks, bar weeks that fall into leave periods, once you have gone through all the stages of the recruitment process, being your NSRT, Interview, Medical, PJFT and PRMC, you'll then get allocated a start date in training.

Its worth finding your local AFCO and popping in to have a chat with the Naval Service/Royal Marines recruiter there.

joffy

Reaction score
There are continuous intakes of recruits roughly every 2 weeks, bar weeks that fall into leave periods, once you have gone through all the stages of the recruitment process, being your NSRT, Interview, Medical, PJFT and PRMC, you'll then get allocated a start date in training.

Its worth finding your local AFCO and popping in to have a chat with the Naval Service/Royal Marines recruiter there.

Cheers mate, I’ll have a look around and find out where it is. I’ve been planning to have a chat about it with a recruiter. Thanks

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The "average" recruit takes about 8 months from submitting an application to physically entering the Royal Marines and commencing recruit training, usually because they underestimate the fitness requirements or the intricacies of selection. It can be done in less than three months with adequate preparation.

Your nearest careers office contact details can be found in the AFCO link in my signature block. (If using a mobile device, turn it to landscape, rather than portrait aspect)

For those under 18, the things to remember are parental consent is required from the outset when submitting an application & the fact that education cannot be ditched until selection is succesfully completed and a provisional entry date allocated.

Good luck.

joffy

Reaction score
The "average" recruit takes about 8 months from submitting an application to physically entering the Royal Marines and commencing recruit training, usually because they underestimate the fitness requirements or the intricacies of selection. It can be done in less than three months with adequate preparation.

Your nearest careers office contact details can be found in the AFCO link in my signature block. (If using a mobile device, turn it to landscape, rather than portrait aspect)

For those under 18, the things to remember are parental consent is required from the outset when submitting an application & the fact that education cannot be ditched until selection is succesfully completed and a provisional entry date allocated.

Good luck.

Thanks a lot.

New Threads