When should I do POC?

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all,

did POC 2 yrs ago (was 17). 19 now and almost finished 2nd year of uni. Hav got a decision to make:

1. I could do POC around september time this yr

or

2. Wait unitl i've finished uni and do it around sept 2009

I've been weighing up the pros and cons of each and I think if I waited another year i'd be fitter and better prepared, but the problem is I would have to wait for the 2010 batch if successful and I want to join the corps as soon as possible (don't want to spend a year at home after uni is finished)

Any advice, thoughts etc. welcome

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
If you want to make the Sept 2009 entry, I'd advise you get the ball rolling again by September this year (2008) to get the Recruiting Test and SIFT interview completed by Dec 2008, and aim to complete POC no later than Feb 2009 & assuming you pass, AIB no later than April 2009. This way you can prepare for longer & still achieve the earlier entry date.

Good luck!

Point

RM Officer Recruit
Reaction score
Duffy,
Im in my final year at uni and did my POC in Feb/AIB early March so i was in the boat as you right now! I didnt find in it a problem training and preparing for both, but i guess it will depend how spare time you have on your course. If you are wanting to start in the 2009 batch i would get the ball rolling asap, you dont want to be doing your POC/AIB during your finals next yr?!