When should I start the process?

MYCAELIS

Reaction score
Hello,

So i have nearly finished my college course and im ready to start the application process, but I just wanted to know when i should start as im still in college until July and then im going Ibiza with a few mates in August. So i figure some time around September is when I would pereferably like to start recruit training

JMC

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

So i have nearly finished my college course and im ready to start the application process, but I just wanted to know when i should start as im still in college until July and then im going Ibiza with a few mates in August. So i figure some time around September is when I would pereferably like to start recruit training
Hi MYCAELIS,

If you want to be in RT training in September I would recommend starting the process now!

Posted by Ninja in the stickies:

To give you an idea (bearing in mind it varies from AFCO to AFCO & time of year):

Submitting Application forms to Recruiting Test - typically about 3 to 4 weeks
Passing test to medical - typically within two weeks of passing eyetest & returning the Optician Report Form & completed medical questionnaire
Passing Medical to PJFT - up to 28 days
Passing PJFT to Interview - usually about 2 weeks.
Passing Interview to PRMC- usually 28 days when requested*text deleted*
Passing PRMC to entry- usually between 8 to 12 weeks

Again, it is quite unusual for someone to 100% ready to attend PRMC from the outset - the "wake-up call" usually happens after you pass medical & if you have the luxury of attending a Royal Marines Acquaint Day ( RMAD ) before you request to attend a PRMC.

*text deleted*You must contact your AFCO after passing your PJFT to arrange the PRMC - they will not usually book it automatically.

OneMoreWrap

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
You can't say when you would prefer to start training, the process is on average 12 months so even applying now would most likely result in a March 2013 RT date.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
One of my candidates sat the Recruiting test in the last week of Feb & is on PRMC in April, with a possible entry date, if a cancellation occurs, in May or if not, June.

There are a good many people that take more than twice that time to join. Sometimes because they aren't fit enough, be it through injury, medical issues or lack of concerted effort/preparation or unforeseen delays outside of their control.