When there is no doctor...

De-Transcorper

Reaction score
First, I want to say a very big THANK YOU! to the administrators, parents and veteran contributors for the work they put into this site. I have learnt so much reading as far back to the year 2009.

My question is about the medical questionnaire. I have read that it is beneficial, and time saving, to include details of illness (from one's doctor) to which one ticks "Yes" to.

Not to sound any sort of way, but some of us aren't as privileged to have a family doctor, GP, or even medical care system to boast of. It is true. Where I'm from, you should be working somewhere really great, at least where they care about your health, or come from a comfortable family to be able to afford that kind of service.

I am at that stage where I should fill the forms, but because of my predicament, I am not sure what I'll do.

I haven't had a surgery, broken bone, no allergies, or anything serious, but... malaria is unavoidable here. It usually does to buy one of these DYO test kits than go to a doctor's. No kidding, seeing a doctor because of malaria can be funny.

Though I haven't had malaria in a very long time (close to a year), thankfully, I do not know what to do about this when I fill the forms. I cannot tick "No" just to avoid this. I don't know if anyone here

How do I explain this to the satisfaction of Capita or my Recruiter, please?

Thank you for your response(s)

The guide

Ex RAF, Ex Royal Marines, now RN.! go figure
Reaction score
You simply have to be honest on the forms as if an issue arises after you have done them and it is not on your forms that is fraudulent entry. It may take you some effort to sort out but it really is the only way, and in the case of malaria you need to declare it, as the Corps works in Malaria areas.

De-Transcorper

Reaction score
Thank you, @The guide. I plan to be honest. But my question is..

Please, how do we tackle the Consent to Release Medical Information when we do not have a medical officer?

There are internationally renowned health centers to run tests, if required. So please, will it suffice to run tests for what I tick yes to and send alongside the questionnaire?

Thank you so much.

Montymoo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you, @The guide. I plan to be honest. But my question is..

Please, how do we tackle the Consent to Release Medical Information when we do not have a medical officer?

There are internationally renowned health centers to run tests, if required. So please, will it suffice to run tests for what I tick yes to and send alongside the questionnaire?

Thank you so much.
Hi I hope you dont mind me jumping in on this thread.
As advised every question should be answered honestly.
You could tick the form 'Consent to release info' they may not be able to retrieve any as you have stated but it will raise questions that you will be able to answer as you have explained in your post. Also a covering letter attached to your application would shed light on your current and past situation.

De-Transcorper

Reaction score
Thank you ma'am. I'll do just that.

I forgot to add that I have been advised to get in touch with my Recruiter, as cases defer from person to person.

Last edited: