when to apply

darren300

Reaction score
whell i want to join the royal marine but my :noob: mother wont let me till i finish a year of college but *text deleted* herd that from filling in the forms theres months before i have the prmc so i was wondering haw many months i should wait before i do it *text deleted* i dont want to finish the whole year of college then have to wait like 8 months or w.e before i have the prmc :doh: any1

C

critchmufc

do it now mate, i applied like 3 days after i left my first year of college, now im like 3months down the line and my prmc will be in about a month

you can do everything at your pace anyway, so it wouldnt affect you should you choose it not too

Gazkane

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It depends how fast your AFCO is mate, and other things like availability on PRMC or RT. I'd say roughly 4 months in, don't take my word for it though.

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yeh it really varies, i applied in April and i'm at the stage now where i am waiting for a PRMC date. Some take longer, some take shorter amounts of time

C

critchmufc

mine is lightning, well, after the medical it is anyway,

they left me within a day to book my pjft, and booked me on a rmad 4 days aftr my pjft, then i would of been on to prmc probably around now...

but i wasnt ready for my rmad then, i stuggle on my pressups but i am better now

darren300

Reaction score
so wat i could do all the forms now then when *text deleted* finished college do the tests n stuff ?

Gazkane

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I think you can do the tests and they last for about 6 months or something like that before they go void. Better asking ninja though, he knows the score.