Where .. oh where is my RT date?

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Alright lads, feel like having a bit of a rant .. well more a moan :*text deleted*:

I always knew that my application to join the RM's wouldnt be straight forward, what with being from N.Ireland & living outside the UK for longer than 12mths in the last 5yrs, but never thought that it could slow things this much!

With being from N.I typically our security clearence can take upto 12months, which means i require a security waiver! Then moving on to the travlling thing! I quit my job and went backpacking round the world a few years back, all in all i was away for 15months and had some of the best experiences of my life, but due to this i also need a second waiver, a residency waiver, even though i've lived in the uk my whole life!

I Was on the 30th October PRMC & Passed! :D ... since then i've been waiting for the red tape & paperwork to be done so that my afco can bid for my RT date for me (they cant bid till both waivers havebeen granted)! Have to say my afco have been brilliant & i understand the need & the importance of these checks that need to be done but it does leave me feeling rather frustrated :?
I found out on friday that my prefered RT date of the 14th January 08 is full, meaning i'll definately not be on that one! Next one is the 28th jan and i dont think i'll be on this one either ... i've made the whole situation into a bit of a game now ... just seeing it as the determination test all over again and hangning in there! Sooner or later everything will fall into place! All i keep thinking is "Cheerfulness in the face of adversity!" :*text deleted*:

Anyways guys ... moan over! To be honest i probably shouldn't be saying anything at all as at least i've passed prmc but trust me lads if you find yourself in the same postition as me you'll understand what its like!

Cheers

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yeah i thought i might be on the january the 28th but i havent done my prmc yet so im hoping to be on the 11th of feb 3 days before valentines day my bird aint gna be happy *text deleted* :*text deleted*: but just hang in there shiloh "everything happens for a reason"

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
I hope eveything gets sorted soon Steve

Just keep slogging away at the fitness and keep your morale up and im sure the time will fly by.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Hang on in there Steve,

Doubt it'll make you feel any better, but I'm aware of someone who did 20 weeks of recruit training, got injured & eventually left the Corps. He then decided to re-join, went all the way through the selection process, passed PRMC & then waited 5 months for his SC before he could enter. (Re-entries cannot have SC waivers).

As my dear old Granny used to say to me: "There's always someone worse off than yourself, so stop moaning about your hideous disfigurement, you ugly bugger". Not sure that's particularly relevent, but thought it might make you feel better.

Anyway, let's hope your waivers are through shortly!

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Cheers lads for the comments, much appreciated :D dont worry i'm not going anywhere, i'm here for the long haul if needs be :D I think what kinda got me going yesterday was my best mate leaves to start RT this morning (or rather has already left his flight was at 7am *text deleted*...) and my other mate moved to manchester for start his new job!

ha ha Nothing for it lads but a bit of Cheerfulness in the face of adversity and all that !! :*text deleted*: Hoofing! :*text deleted*:

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Still no date yet .... i'm startin to get really frustrated now :( :*text deleted*: ... as a result of this my trainings starting to take a knock as well cause i've no real date to aim for as far as RT goes ... dont get me wrong i'm still training hard but just feel as if im stuck in limbo ! :? .... plus with chrimbo on our doorsteps now there's even more to distractions *text deleted*..

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Steve,

To the best of my knowledge there's still places on 28th Jan intake- maybe it's worth giving your AFCO a call to check they have requested an entry date & aren't waiting for anything off you.

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Ninja_Stoker said:
Steve,

To the best of my knowledge there's still places on 28th Jan intake- maybe it's worth giving your AFCO a call to check they have requested an entry date & aren't waiting for anything off you.
Hi Ninja,

Was on the phone with them on friday last week and have been checking in at least once a week prior to that ... what was holding everything up was the residenecy waiver which has now, at last, came through :D ! But apparently my afco still cant bid for a RT date for me till they have formal written confirmation from Portsmouth.
Though you've brighten up my day by telling me that the 28th jan is still available, cheers mate :D Fingers crossed ! *text deleted*...

Steve.

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Right this is seriously starting to take the piss now .... STILL NO DATE FOR RT!!! :evil: so many prmc's have been and gone and there's people who have started RT before me who were on prmc's weeks after mine! I Call my afco on a weekly basis to be told they're going as fast as they can and they're awaiting word back from so one or another to give me the all clear .... now i new that my app wouldnt be straight forward but jesus this is taking the mickey!
I'm no super star but i'd like to start training!!

Ha ha ... my god i've just read back what i worte above ... and i sound like a big moaning jessie :*text deleted*: should be grateful i've passed prmc but just frustrates me lads thats all! :? :*text deleted*:

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Shiloh79 said:
Right this is seriously starting to take the piss now .... STILL NO DATE FOR RT!!! :evil: so many prmc's have been and gone and there's people who have started RT before me who were on prmc's weeks after mine! I Call my afco on a weekly basis to be told they're going as fast as they can and they're awaiting word back from so one or another to give me the all clear .... now i new that my app wouldnt be straight forward but jesus this is taking the mickey!
I'm no super star but i'd like to start training!!

Ha ha ... my god i've just read back what i worte above ... and i sound like a big moaning jessie :*text deleted*: should be grateful i've passed prmc but just frustrates me lads thats all! :? :*text deleted*:
it will come...bet you end up on my RT once ive done prmc