Where would your hide the keys?

KatnissEverdeen

Reaction score
Honestly think I just came up with the best idea. I remembered that I used to have a draw in my room thats disguised as a wall socket and you need a key to open it . Following on from the idea by @GreyWing of hiding it in plain sight. Actually pretty cool and perfect to stash some car keys

Attachments

• 71795284-A28E-4B62-B812-50042EC60CC0.png
    71795284-A28E-4B62-B812-50042EC60CC0.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 8

Sprint0205

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly think I just came up with the best idea. I remembered that I used to have a draw in my room thats disguised as a wall socket and you need a key to open it . Following on from the idea by @GreyWing of hiding it in plain sight. Actually pretty cool and perfect to stash some car keys
In a faraday cage as well. Will that throw off metal detectors?

KatnissEverdeen

Reaction score
In a faraday cage as well. Will that throw off metal detectors?
Probably, I mean even if it does sense that theres metal, I am no electrician but I am pretty sure that there would be some form of metal in the plug. If i can remember correctly you can actually fit a plug in the holes as well so it appears like a normal socket. Think I am on to a winner here if I must say so myself ha ha

sharpe

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
After a week they’d just dissect your house and leave you with a bit of brick dust :) Be keen to hear from current officers but apart from securing a property after search there was never a requirement to make good on things affected by the search.

Johnny_Anonie

Reaction score
Probably, I mean even if it does sense that theres metal, I am no electrician but I am pretty sure that there would be some form of metal in the plug. If i can remember correctly you can actually fit a plug in the holes as well so it appears like a normal socket. Think I am on to a winner here if I must say so myself ha ha

Sorry to burst the bubble on this but the plug socket drawer is very common and will almost certainly be checked by anyone who has received even basic level search training.
It will be one of first things that is checked. Essentially anything that shouldn’t move is paid particular attention including false bottom drawers, light fittings, plumbing pipes, inside the vacuum cleaner bag, inside toys, inside furniture, inside cans, bottles, back of toilets etc etc. Whatever is in your search area- which at times may only be a few feet you search it.

An advanced search team have incredibly systematic search procedures and techniques. Compared to a large outdoor space a house is child’s play for a search team who will simply divide the house into manageable zones. Each zone will further be divided into smaller zones. They will then dissect room by room into small slices and search every inch. Don’t underestimate the planning that goes into a high level search. So far @GreyWing ’s idea would cause the biggest headache.

Rob20

Royal Marines Commando Moderator
Reaction score
A few lads I lived with did a Sensitive Site Exploitation course. Basically searching for things in a targets house. You will not get away with hiding anything. What seems a great idea to an untrained civvy is likely to be top of the list of places. You won't win.

Which leaves only one option.... Royals method.

KatnissEverdeen

Reaction score
Sorry to pour cold water on this but the plug socket drawer is very common and will almost certainly be checked by anyone who has received even basic level search training.
It will be one of first things that is checked. Essentially anything that shouldn’t move is paid particular attention including false bottom drawers, light fittings, plumbing pipes, inside the vacuum cleaner bag, inside toys etc.

An advanced search team have incredibly systematic search procedures and techniques applied to all aspects of counter-terrorism and crime scene search. Compared to a large outdoor space a house is child’s play for a search team who will simply divide the house into manageable zones. Each zone will further be divided into smaller zones. They will then dissect room by room into small slices and search every inch. Don’t underestimate the planning that goes into a high level search. So far @GreyWing ’s idea would cause the biggest headache.
[/QUOTE/]
Thought I was actually on to something there ha ha. Excluding Grey Wings idea, where would you hide it?

sharpe

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I’d probably just hand it to a Royal, fix him with a firm stare and say “It’s time to go full bootneck”. Then I’d look away in utter disgust.
It’s a “bunch of keys” that’s hardcore :eek:

AsdaOwn

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Should we be concerned that @KatnisEverdeen is clearly planning to hide something. Jokes aside I reckon a house would be easy to search for professionals I’d go somewhere really rural and hard to get to

KatnissEverdeen

Reaction score
Should we be concerned that @KatnisEverdeen is clearly planning to hide something. Jokes aside I reckon a house would be easy to search for professionals I’d go somewhere really rural and hard to get to
For legal reasons I did not see this ;)

AsdaOwn

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
What about a weighted box in a lake or something.

SCOTTY6

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
If I could hide it anywhere, I’d hide it in a virtus Bergen. Nobody is touching that...

KatnissEverdeen

Reaction score
On topic of keys if you always loose them (or your wallet) get yourself a tile. Does wonders. It tracks your keys and whenever you become a certain distance from them you get a notification on your phone. Also if you do loose them and the tracking doesnt work people within your area who also used tile can report if they have found it or seen it anywhere https://uk.tile.com/en/products

Last edited: