which commando test ?

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hello guys ..

i remember hearing that on one of the commando tests you have to fire 10rounds at a target after you've completed it and get at least 6 on target.....

but i cant remember which test it was on *text deleted*...

the only reason im asking is *text deleted* i have to wear glasses, so if its on the endurance course, i dunno whether i could keep them in my webbing while going through water tunnels, and them break them out to use when shooting , or wear them all the way thorugh and risk losing them in the tunnels or summink.......

any one else having / had the same sort of problem ?

:dontaskme:

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeh, it is on the endurance course. Wouldn't hav to carry *text deleted* glases with u i don't fink. One of the staff cud hold onto them and giv them to u wen *text deleted* about to do the shoot

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
erm ye dunno they could also get broken :( have u tryed contacts? or are they *text deleted**text deleted* for working out i dunno i dont know much about glasses and stuff

sooty795

Reaction score
hey mate

it is the endurance course, I wouldn`t worry to much at this stage mate there`s along way and alot of other things to concentrate on first, and when you DO get to that stage i`m sure the training team will have all the answers for you.

i doubt the training team would hold on to them as previously stated, it would be quiet funny to ask though *text deleted*

matty630

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yeah mate is the endurance course, not sure about wether your allowed to take them with you or not, sure they sort something out or wouldnt let you passed medical, maybe your allowed to leave them at the range for when you finish, someone will pob shed more light on this for you,

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
thanks for *text deleted* responses chaps!

i havent tried contact lenses, tho im not sure they'd work out very well in those tunnels filled with muddy water ? mite tape me glasses to me head or something *text deleted*

i know *text deleted* allowed to be wearin glasses, *text deleted* my eyes are in VA2 standard, so i can wear glasses for that, but just curious bout the procedure for the endurance course , and other similar things...glasses i think would be more practical for the rest of the course (the paerts that dont involve submerging my head in water!)

sooty795

Reaction score
from what i understand they issue you with specific glasses, jo 90`s my mate calls em, they may be like what athlets wear, i.e strapped to your head so they don`t come off easy and so called indistructable???

you will def have to have them on you, as you would have to have them on you if you were in combat

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Well I wear contacts and I do all my running and gym work with them and even the swimming. I only have trouble having a shower with them in *text deleted*. Getting water on the contact lense really screws you up. Other than that I don't have a clue, I would suspect you have to have them on you but don't worry, you can get hard cases so there's no chance of them breaking, I've seen cars run over glass cases and see the glasses come out fine =D