Which Polish?

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Right this is *text deleted* be a bit if a boring question but here goes :*text deleted*: ...

When you pass PRMC your given your normal boots that you need to wear in before you'll wear them daily while in RT. Whats the best polish to use on them (obviously its *text deleted* be black, i know that *text deleted*..) to keep them in good condition or does it not matter as long as you regularly clean & polish them??

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Hi mate,

purpose of policshing the boots that you get after PRMC are to keep them reasonable clean, but the most important part of polich is to keep them water proof and protect the boots. So it doesn't really matter about getting a top shine out of this pair.

You will get a new pair of parade boots when you arrive for RT, these are the ones you will need to have gleaming. They'll show you how to do it down there and some of the tricks you'll need to learn. You'll see the diference in what is required between the 2 boots.

All the best

Graeme

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Cheers for the reply lads :D

Alan - I've got some Kiwi Black Guardsman Gloss polish, so i'll be using that then and it should do the trick nicely!

Greywing - Yeah the Cpl's told us just to keep them in good knick (i.e keeping them clean & putting polish on to keep the leather good) and that and not to be worrying about bulling them as we'll get a different pair of boots & shown that when we're down there!
What i was trying to get at was, is there a certain type of polish that is better at keeping them waterproofed & protecting the boots??

Cheers :D

Gareth

Reaction score
I noticed when i was in the stores being issued my new assault boots that parade boots weigh 2.7kg!

anyways back to the question, my AFCO told me to use kiwi polish. You dont need your assault boots gleaming though, as long as there kept clean and waterproofed throughout RT you hsouldn't get told off :D

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
PAGreenwell said:
I wouldn't use the Guardsman's gloss. Use the ordinary Kiwi black polish, the other stuff is packed full of chemicals and I think it's pretty duff.
Cheers PAGreenwell , duely noted and will be purchasing new stuff in the next few days! :D