while im on the subject

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
whats the minimum standard for hearing to gain to be passed fit for prmc?

i dont suppose any one will know on here...but its worth a try

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Pardon?

Sorry mate, the minimum standard is H2, but unless we are all audiologists or whatever they call themselves, it means very little.

The Medical Staff at your AFCO should be able to give actual values to minimum requirements at each audible frequency pitch, or whatever they call it.

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i only ask *text deleted* i failed my hearing test....and ive booked another for two weeks time...but im doin private one the day before to see if i have chance of passing

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Alan, top tip on that one- before you undertake the civilian hearing test, undergo a second RN/RM one- you may pass & it's free.

If you do not pass, THEN, ask for the specific written parameters & undertake a civilian hearing test to confirm or contest as required.

Best of luck.

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ninja_Stoker said:
Alan, top tip on that one- before you undertake the civilian hearing test, undergo a second RN/RM one- you may pass & it's free.

If you do not pass, THEN, ask for the specific written parameters & undertake a civilian hearing test to confirm or contest as required.

Best of luck.

pm for you :D

and also...do people pass second time around?...as its a pretty basic test...if you cant hear you cant hear...

i was gutted *text deleted* ive never had problem with my hearing.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
People do pass second time around.

Audiometers do become faulty & are tested annually, but they are delicate pieces of equipment & sometimes have to be repaired.