Who arranges for the Residency Waiver

johno4

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I believe commonwealth applicants need a residency waiver in order to come over and start RT ?

Ive passed VPJFT and I'm currently filling out my Security Clearance at the moment and I saw no mention in it of any Residency Waiver.

Do you know arranges for the residency waiver ? (Is it a physical Form and is it your careers advisor or is it done once you arrive at Lympstone?)

Cheers

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I believe commonwealth applicants need a residency waiver in order to come over and start RT ?

Ive passed VPJFT and I'm currently filling out my Security Clearance at the moment and I saw no mention in it of any Residency Waiver.

Do you know arranges for the residency waiver ? (Is it a physical Form and is it your careers advisor or is it done once you arrive at Lympstone?)

Cheers
The AFCO processing your application usually applies for the residency waiver, if a non-UK resident, at the same time as SC is initiated. The waiver cannot be submitted, nor SC granted until the waiver is granted.

To submit a waiver, the careers adviser needs documentation from the applicant - this is usually requested at the start of the application process.

If you haven't been asked for evidence of overseas police record, overseas references, non-liaibility for military service in country of residence or a list of addresses and dates over the preceding 5 years, it's worth pinging an email to your careers adviser... Having first checked he/she hasn't already requested this stuff a while back and is awaiting action from you.

johno4

Reaction score
Thanks Ninja , that helps loads. I thought the residency waiver could be applied for from CTC Lympstone ,I must have been mistaken.

Would you recommend getting the residency waiver sorted before flying out to the UK to start Recruit Training ?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Thanks Ninja , that helps loads. I thought the residency waiver could be applied for from CTC Lympstone ,I must have been mistaken.

Would you recommend getting the residency waiver sorted before flying out to the UK to start Recruit Training ?
You cannot join without SC and SC cannot be granted without a residency waiver if a commonwealth citizen, resident outside of uk.