Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Whos watching SAS: Who Dares Swims

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by Sortezy, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Sortezy

Sortezy Member

Who is watching the show on channel 4. Where most of the instructors are SBS guys rather than SAS!

• Like Like x 5
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 3
  2. WelshLad97

WelshLad97 Royal Marines Commando

Yeah I'm watching it!

3. Decendantarian

Decendantarian Member

I am!

Good showing so far.

4. Canzmanz

Canzmanz Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Actually thought it was *text deleted* be aload of crap, but so far it's pretty good!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sortezy

Sortezy Member

Exactly the same with me mate, lets not get ahead of ourselves though! Could turn into a sh*t show o_O

6. sy_lume

sy_lume Royal Marines Commando

Watching it on 4od now the instructors are huge!

7. ZeroNoxx

ZeroNoxx Member

Impressed so far. Much better than I expected. I'll reserve judgement until it's over but definitely happy to come back and watch another episode.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sortezy

Sortezy Member

Not bad, one thing I hate about these shows is their teasing, I don't *text deleted* wait till next time its on I *text deleted* watch it all now! Inner immature kid coming out -yawn-

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  9. ERFC

ERFC Royal Marines Commando

Great watch I thought and nice to see the SBS recognised for once rather then the SAS or Seals getting credit for saving the world.

Really liked the way they filmed it and I think it's going to be a long old 8 days.

• Like Like x 4
  10. LRL

LRL Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Haha when i noticed the majority were SBS i just knew somebody else on here would notice right away ahah.

To be honest though i just like seeing what type of guys they look like in SFs and in all fairness they were just as i expected.

11. TTT

TTT New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Only two minutes into this and it looks epic.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OJL

OJL Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Watched it with my dad, we are loving it so far. Better then that crappy hell week thingy.

I love how the staff ask the candidates questions like what colour watch the medic was wearing after they did the mountain hike. When you are mental and physically exhausted, its very hard to pay attention to little details like that, even if they are right in front of you.

• Like Like x 2
  13. TTT

TTT New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Quite good. Nice to see SBS credited.

They seem to be pretty tough on the candidates, at least far more so than 'special forces:hell week'. Big focus on mental strength and breaking them down.
    I did worry they'd be soft and keep people in because they had a hard life etc. but it looks as though they are firm but fair.

Anyone else watched it yet?

14. Sortezy

Sortezy Member

Instructors looked hard as nails and so did the marching they were doing! Got me pumped and so much better than that Hell Week b*llocks!

15. GreyWing

GreyWing Nobody

Yep and then slapped in the face by calling it sas tough enough.

I bet when they were filming it, they weren't aware of what the name of the show would be.

Gen dit I do remember that lead guys face stood behind me at a cash machine at CTC in 2004, I'm sure he was a corporal on the SBS at the time.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  16. ERFC

ERFC Royal Marines Commando

• Like Like x 5
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 5
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  17. Canzmanz

Canzmanz Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    The whole reason it's good is because it's "replicating" the real thing so long hikes are the fore which is interesting to actually see how they cope...

18. TTT

TTT New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    I care about equality, and apparently so does the BBC. The Telegraph should take a step back, it's channel 4 who are known for their life documentaries. Purely in the pursuit of authenticity it makes sense to omit female recruits in the film.
    That being said, I should of expected the Telegraph to pipe up. They do enjoy a topical moan.

19. fckdandbombed

fckdandbombed Active Member

I did think this was surprisingly excellent, good to see a show that actually focuses on the physical side of selection.

20. Proximo

Proximo Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Just wached half of the first episode now (out with dogs so shall finish on my return). Looks good so far, particularly woth the SF guys involving themselves at the front of the runs.