Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Whos watching SAS: Who Dares Swims

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by Sortezy, Oct 19, 2015.

1. dewalt2001

dewalt2001 Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Don’t knock it done a Tuesday night in the Boulevard best night of my life

• Like Like x 1
  2. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Not intending to hijack a thread, but I thought I'd quote this for people to see as its definitely worth the watch, and until recently I had no idea of wars such as these.

3. Rover

Rover Moderator

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
  5. Rover

Rover Moderator

@Corona.

You reminded me of something I had noted on another website.
    The citation for Major Weston which also gives you an idea of events of that time. It would seem that additional notes were written by a former member of 40 Commando at that time.

MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
    (NAVY DEPARTMENT)
    Whitehall, London S.W.I.
    24th May 1966.
    The QUEEN has been graciously pleased to approve the following awards for distinguished services in support of operations in East and West Malaysia during the period 24th June 1965 to 23rd December1965.
    The Military Cross
    Major John Culpeper WESTON, Royal Marines. On the 12th September a reconnaissance patrol from " C" Company of 40 Commando discovered a platoon of Indonesians in position on the Sarawak Border. Operation " Stonehouse " was mounted on the 14th September with the aim of destroying this force. After a long and very difficult approach
    through dense forest and severe hills, Captain (now Major) Weston who had planned the operation in detail

Successfully positioning his Company near the enemy. He then led a small patrol to ascertain the enemy's exact dispositions. He placed his subunits for a fire assault. This was less than 70 yards from the enemy. At this moment two civilians spotted one of our fire groups and gave the alarm. A very fierce fire fight developed immediately, during which a number of the enemy were hit. The enemy maintained heavy small arms and mortar fire for some time but were then forced to retreat by " C" Company's accurate fire. Throughout this action Captain Weston who was close to his most forward troops, controlled the fire and the movements of his sub-units with great coolness and disregard for his own safety.
    Over a period of four months he has led his Company on a number of operations both on the border and in the rear areas. All these have been well planned and led. On three occasions they have disrupted Communist elements and the third resulted in the capture of a group of Communists one of whom had been badly wanted by the Special Branch for several months.
    The efficiency and determination displayed by " C" Company on all its operations has very largely resulted from the training and leadership of Captain Weston who although still severely handicapped by an arm badly wounded at Suez has never spared himself and has set a magnificent example to his men.

Major Weston was one I have no hesitation describing as an Officer and Gentleman. A collector of snakes, once cleared a grot in Kalabakan by announcing that he seemed to have 'lost' one of his pets.
    His wounded arm I believe was attributed to supporting fast air at Suez. The first time I have seen the write up for his MC.
    A few things missed out but the "less than 70 yards from the enemy" was so true.
    Reminds me of the scene at the start of Gladiator. "On my command release hell". Noted that the Russian quad barrelled 14.7mm at less than 70 yards cuts down trees very effectively. So much for them have nothing bigger than an LMG!
    Maj_Weston_MC_RM.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  6. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Would happily read things like that for days on end, and it provides some of the greatest motivation I find. The fighting described sounds a lot like the Chindit expeditions

7. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Absolute let down. Worst series.

And surprise, they boot a bloke off to keep a chick in.

Shame that Midwife went though, she was consistent through it, I would have liked to see her get through.

Definately not been the best series. Almost mild compared to the others. My money will be on there not being another show.

And the press release about the women passing, it’s like they have just completed selection not a bloody 11 day TV programme. Door knobs.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Sly3

Sly3 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    *text deleted* say the shy lad came through I reckon he could do well as Royal if he wanted to take it up as he said he never gave it a go. The other bloke the one that lost his wife if that hadn’t happened and he wasn’t emotionally compromised he would do well.

But the lass that did pass it, I wasn’t keen on that it felt as if well let’s keep her though she was consistent but she had elements of being rouge. Not that she’s a woman but she just had that certain element that felt off. I can’t explain it but It felt odd.

9. Jaykay2343

Jaykay2343 Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Nearly 2 and a half years later, you heard it here first!

Done the desert, done the arctic, now the celebrity special is good to go.

Might stick lottery on this weekend!

• Like Like x 2
  10. poppy9

poppy9 Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Is this on Channel 4 I can’t find it advertised

11. Jaykay2343

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Jaykay2343

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    ...also take the word 'celebrity' with a pinch of salt

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  13. Johnny_Anonie

Johnny_Anonie Ex Pongo

Also take the acronym “SAS” with a pinch of salt..

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  14. Rover

Rover Moderator

They do not like salt(water).;)

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1